Qld gyro fatality????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qld gyro fatality????

A number of people have told me today that there has been a "colliding with a power line" gyro fatality in Qld.Any news for us southerners?Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

I certainly hope it isn't so..With the amount of ignorance in the public sphere it may be some poor unfortunate trike pilot.Not good news no matter what.Nick.

Comment

News this evening said that a gyrocopter clipped power lines whilst mustering goats. No other info except that it was fatal. Didn't catch the area it went down except that it was way West of Brisbane.Safe Flying ... ding Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment

Comment

Hi Barry, or the ASRA executive, do we have gyro type, name etc at this time?Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Link to info,http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/c...5E3102,00.html[:0]My condolences go out to Darryl's family and friends.Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

After this tragedy Members will appreciate this is not the time to release speculative information. I can confirm that the newspaper report appears to be factual.Our thoughts are with his wife and family.John EvansThink logically and do things well, think laterally and do things better.

Comment

My condolences also go out to Darryl's family. Has any information able to be released yet re this tragic accident so we may all learn so keep ourselves safe? Pete

Comment

The single line earth return power line with timber poles can be near impossible to see at certain angles. The cement power poles are a lot easier to see. All I will say is that when flying close to the ground, all care must be taken to keep clear of all possible obstacles. These can also include aerials which are just as dificult to see. I think the newspaper article says it pretty clearly Pete and there's not much to be gained by dragging this tragic accident through the forum.My condolences to Daryls family and friends as well.Brian

Comment

Guys,ASRA was made aware of the accident within hours. At the request of the station management and friends of Darryl, information was not released by ASRA.Based on certain information provided by persons at the site and Police, ASRA did not conduct an on-site investigation.All information pertaining to the accident remains under the control of the coroner, and cannot be released without his/her specific approval, which is usually after the inquest.I took it upon myself to ensure that a floral tribute was provided on behalf of myself and friends from ASRA.Regards,Waddles.
                  Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Thank you Allan !!!Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X