Budget direct add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget direct add

Has the new budget direct add hit a nerve not happy seeing a gyro crashed into a tree

https://youtu.be/OlJ791VxmIA

Comment

So why didn't you hit the dislike button?

Comment

You can look at the add as a bit of fun or a negative view of gyrocopters, I see it as the latter. My opinion!

Comment

Thank you Rick E

Comment

It's a bit hard to hit dislike button when aired over national television

Comment

I have only seen the last part when it was up against the tree and wondered what connection that has with car insurance.

Comment

to be perfectly honest I think you could get that "advert" reported and removed on the grounds of showing someone hanging in a tree [ admittly , upside down ] but certainly bad judgement on the advertising company. from my own personal views it wouldn't matter if it was a gyro , car or boat.
                could you imagine a wife and children watching TV that had just lost a husband and father and seeing adverts that are supposed to be funny. [ NOT ] .

Comment

The trouble is that any discussion in regard to this add is achieving exactly what they want, the most effective protest is to not give it any oxygen at all. Which is what I for one intend to do.

Comment

hello rick, I normally would agree with you if it's only printed once. [ todays news is tomorrows fish and chips paper ] but this is to be repeated. so
                    I phoned the 133026 number and then got put through to head office , a very helpful and pleasant woman said there wasn't anyone there that could help because of the holidays but supplied me with the "adstandards.com.au" web page.
                    it gives you the run around a bit [ a big red lodge complaint button seemed to not work ] but thanks to my recent spat with Telstra and

Comment

[ don't know what happened there] and the N.B.N.i had the ability and I persisted and lodged a complaint.
                      my complaint was put in as an individual and no connection with any association in any way. nor did I mention what had crashed into the tree. it was solely based on my comment post above . the more I thought about the last few seconds shown of the advertisement the more it was distasteful upsetting and completely lacked humor.
                      some info about the complaints board.
                      the ad standards board is not a government body,
                      the board is funded by a levy from the advertising association.
                      they meet every 2 weeks
                      and only need 1 x complaint.
                      I also received the confirmation by the time I arrived at work this morning .

Comment

Hi Tony,
                        I intend speaking with them when I get home from holidays.
                        Cheers. Rick

Comment

I don't believe this puts gyros in a negative light. Most people wouldn't recognise a gyro if they tripped over one. Anyone that thinks Captain Risky's Budget Direct ads are fair dinkum is not very bright - and those people don't matter anyway.

Comment

The gyro has nothing to do with Captain Risky, Being that he is wearing a Parachute!
                            Maybe the Kangaroo flew the gyro

I like the Budget Direct 'Captain Risky ads', better than many other ads.
                            Last edited by RossM; 10-01-2017, 05:31 PM.
                            Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

sorry guys, yes your right tim and ross, but I purposely "never mentioned" what ever hit the tree, any parachute details. or asra .my complaint was just the suicide image hanging in the tree in the last 2 or 3 seconds.
                              I had n apprentice about 15 years ago and 1 Friday he never came to work., he just never made it past the gym equipment.
                              my 16yo granddaughter a few years back had a boyfriend also 16 and his mother had asked his father to move out and the next day he did the same thing. there was a 16 yo lad left wondering why his father wouldn't of wanted to spend the rest of his life with his own son .
                              I realise that's probably too much for everyone on here so I'm done now.

Comment

Working...
                              X