Improveing the image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improveing the image.

I think everyone would agree, well, those who"v met me, that i dont consider "image" to be worth jack sh!$. But the image of gyros generaly, is suffern. The reasons are obvious.Iv stated before, so ill say again, that one positive way we could showcase these machines is with an artical in the magazines describing they safty and cost effectivness of gyros in agriculture, namely mustern.Other machines, like helis and 4wheel scooters were only taken seriously once sumone found a practical use for them.The defence saw the advantages of the heli first, then countless other uses were found, including mustern.4 wheel scooters were only recreational and racing machines, with a bad [ dangerous] reputation of jumpn all over the rider if he got spat off.Now they"v replaced the horse, the 2 wheel scooters and in sum cases, the bull buggy.If we showed the public wot gyros can do effectivly, safly and at the fraction of the cost of the next best alternitive, i think we will be taken much more seriously.I know its ileagl to contract in gyros, but sum have been do"n it for years leagaly, on their own propertys.The reason why buggerall people know bout gyro mustern is coz its not leagle, so its not publisised and is frowned apon.Publisise the leagle ones, then people will take a different look at gyros and wunder why its not don everywhere.Mite even apply an argument to the aironazies.Till the public see these machines as a usfull tool, the only other way they ever hear bout um is wen sumone goes legup and its seen round the country as just anatha nutter ina wacky flyn machine comen to grief. Im off me box now, fire away. :P

Agreed...........have been saying for yonks, we gotta get the word out there........too many, know too little, about gyros. All the press is bad press, until we really get serious......nothing is going to change.Your idea here dave is another good way of "outing" gyros.........so come on guys, let rip, let"s get the ball rolling, let"s hear your views........but then we"ve got to act on em.......enough of doing nothing.
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Mr BirdmanSend me a dreammake it the sweetestthat I"ve ever seenmake it a ferelto make my pants cream...eeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrredfnasasjklsda.......who a,,,,,

Comment

You idiot.

Comment

We all remember Willi"s around Australia trip, has that improved gyros image?? after all, it was a pretty big deal although I guess to be fair, Willi was looking at promoting the MT03 as much as anything.Great poetry Nick!!

Comment

dead set nic...........you is "certifiable" ;D

Comment

Im off me box now, fire away. :PSounds like a case for the much and long talked about "Publicity Officer" (as distinct from "Public Officer"). Russ, you got your lips close to some ears on the new board. A bit of promotion is whats needed. Never seen many fights won off the back foot. Can happen, but it"s not the way to bet. We got smart critters like Art, heading up the publishing arm, and few other critters with some smarts on the new board. Instead of being in holding pattern, we need to get a bit proactive. Heaps of lifestyle shows on the box. I"ve seen dorks giving powered chutes, and other dubious flying devices a bit of a flog. Why not gyros? A bloke like RossB should be reasonably placed to give the media critters sumthin to consider. Haven"t met him, but from his posts, he seems articulate enough to do the promo. The bloke who does the job needs to be hand picked. Waddles would also be a monty, if he was so inclined. Stepping out of "Big Bird" into "Little Bird" would give a lot of credibility. Go for it, Russy boy!

Comment

Hey freddy boy.........we ain"t exactly sitin round the campfire exchanging yarns

Comment

FredThanks, but the best way for me to promote the sport is to is to focus on what we can do to reduce the rate of serious injury suffered by our low hour student pilots. Thanks Ross B

Comment

As Brian says, articles are great but how many new inquiries can we attribute to Willie"s article?Quite a few of us write for the magazine and Pacific Flyer, this is one line of exposure.Fred"s reminder of a Publicity Officer/Media Officer is timely and has been

Comment

As Brian says, articles are great but how many new inquiries can we attribute to Willie"s article?Quite a few of us write for the magazine and Pacific Flyer, this is one line of exposure.Fred"s reminder of a Publicity Officer/Media Officer is timely and has been

Comment

Russ,The last thing we want is a halfwit promoting gyros. That lets me out. We don"t want to confirm what the public already thinks (that you"d have to be a crazy ******* to fly one of those things). Ross wooda been good, but he indicates he has enough to do, and to do the job he has taken on, I reckon he is right. I still say the absolute monty is Al. Huge credibility. It needs an article written accentuating "day time job" and his "hobby". That could go in the usual av mags, but if you want real coverage and exposure, we need to get him on Coxy/Getaway type of thing. I don"t mind doing the written stuff, if the board wants that. I reckon a couple of others who are handy with the quill would probably assist. But the big problem is the same as always. Once we show em the real world, where are they gunna go to get a fly?

Comment

Kinda vearing off the track here.While i think your all pretty well on the money, the main point is getn lost.And the main point i was tryn to make is the gyro"s ability to do a practical job.Everyone already knows that gyros are a hobby, or a toy, recreational machine or wotever you want to call it.And i think its this image thats damaging in a way.Bit like bungy jumpn. Its appealn to the adrenilin junckys, but has no real world application.If we want respect from the general public, we need to earn it, and wot better way to earn it than by showing that these machines can, and do, out perform other options in most aspects at real world practical aplications?It mite also sound like im beatn me own drum too, maybe, but i think if you want to improve the image of gyros in general, you need to convince people that theres a real reason for flyn it.As for the public figure, i wouldnt hava clue, but in reality, it dont matter who it is, but more its wot he dose with the gyro thats go"n to make the difference.With the greatest respect to Allan, the fact that he flys 747s and gyros isnt go"n to mean much, coz the gyro is still only a hobby.

Comment

Good points there Birdy and gyros need to be seen doing practical work like mustering, commuting over shorter distances, involved in search and rescue operations, stuff that brings them good press and shows that ordinary people are flying them .I reckon anyone who has landed where there has been a few people have heard it said, "there is no way I would fly in one of those things"! but after a bit of a chat[explaing safety factors etc] the next question is usually "can you take passenger?"

Comment

Want to improve the image?1. Make your machine quiet.2. Fly sensibly and respect the flight patterns at the particular strip your at.3. Respect other aircraft flying at the same time as you and try to not cheese them off on purpose.4. Get rid of the rebel without a cause attitude.5. Make your machine presentable and not like something about to fall to bits.6. Wave to everyone you see, especially kids, and circle and give a second wave if they seem to be happy with your presence.7. Take some aerial photos and give to people in your area. They usually really appreciate it especially if it shows their property.8. Try not to fly for prolonged periods over one area, or where you may annoy people.9. If people have a problem with you accept it gracefully and try to do something about it.10. The world is a big place with a lot of people of which we make up a tiny proportion.Remember this

Comment

Working...
                              X