2008 nationals update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 nationals update

The 2008 Nationals at Wangaratta are underway.Last Night included 2 amazing presentations on Mustering, an informative look at the Xenon and the semi-unveiling of the new Australian designed and built Revolution gyroplane .competitions start at 9.00am...

Art,Thanks for the update. Nice to see the Bonesmeister got there safely.Cheers,Nic.

Comment

Bones did a fantastic job of flying alone all the way down to the nats in that fast red machine of his, a top effort.He then put on a display of his other abilities one night by falling out of a chair.

Comment

I"m exhausted !!Day 2 was fantastic.I"m sure a flight line bingle in the morning will be discussed at more detail later but at leastno-one was hurt and prceedures set in place by the VSRA organisers quickly had things under control.Speeches at night were again very compelling, with a great chat from a disabled trike pilot, a new manufacturer changing the way we think about future gyros and a local distributor of a luxury machine putting an Aussie twist on overseas designs.I hope the next Gyro News can capture some of the inspiring stories and show the unlucky folk that couldn"t make it to the event what they missed out on. Big round of applause to all the VSRA members whose huge effort has made things so enjoyable so far..cheers,Art

Comment

Art,No bingles, that"s an order!! Nice to know no-one got hurt, but I"m sure they were suitably embarassed.Mr Munro,Maybe he was just realllllly tiiirrred, if not, I trust you"ll corale him the night before he has to go home to make sure he doesn"t fall out of his chair in the air on the way home.. Just to forewarn, it takes a few to fall out of your chair, but it also takes a couple of days to get them out of your system before you"re fit to fly - ask John Evans [if he is there] for a copy of the CASA doco on the effects of Alcohol. I know if I have a big night it takes a couple of days to return to full functionality.Cheers,Nic.

Comment

LATEST BREAKING NEWS Paul Bruty has made it to the ASRA NATIONALS 2008Paul has put in an appearance at the Nationals a very big effort on his behalf he was very pleased to get his "get out of jail pass" even if only for a couple days.He"s very chatty and starting to be his old self, we all look forward to seeing more of him, unfortunately he"ll be going to hospital a little later in the day and his pass runs out then.WELL DONE PAUL GREAT TO SEE YOU and a big thank-you for coming

Comment

Art,Mr Munro,Maybe he was just realllllly tiiirrred, if not, I trust you"ll corale him the night before he has to go home to make sure he doesn"t fall out of his chair in the air on the way home.. Just to forewarn, it takes a few to fall out of your chair, but it also takes a couple of days to get them out of your system before you"re fit to fly - ask John Evans [if he is there] for a copy of the CASA doco on the effects of Alcohol. I know if I have a big night it takes a couple of days to return to full functionality.Cheers,Nic.Nic i was very carefull not to drink much the last night as i knew how far i had to travell the next day, but after lining up for food the last at least 4 of us ended up with a touch of what we thing was food piosoning, not much fun up at 3 am throwing your guts up, specially after 3 beers and an early night, like i said should have got blind at least i would have enjoyed the reason for being sick.Bones

Comment

Good to see you are home safe bones.Graeme.

Comment

Bones,After having spent 3 days off work with my **** bogged on the loo after a crook lebanese take away you have My sympathies, but I was under the impression from a HCCPA course that food poisoning usually doesn"t set in for about 24 to 48 hours, so it may have been from the day before, not the same night - did you eat anything dodgy then? Did the other 4 fall off their chairs as well?Good to see you"re still kicking regardless..Cheers,Nic.

Comment

HCCPA course that food poisoning usually doesn"t set in for about 24 to 48 hoursDepends on the poison Nik.A dog bait works quicker n that. So do shop eggs. >Bonse, take no notice of um mate, i know you was thinkn of Aileron thats all. call ya ron.

Comment

We have been checking you guys are the only ones that got sick apparently.I ate some of everything that was there and I have checked with over 10 other people

Comment

Birdy[A dog bait works quicker n that]. - that"s poisoned food - not food poisoning..[So do shop eggs.] ??? huh - not lead ones per chance are they - about .303"?DG - were the ones that got crook from way out of town?? Could be a water issue, alternately they may have been the only ones around someone else who sneezed / coughed on them and nobody else was so unfortunately blessed.. it"d be interesting to follow the medical forensics on it.Cheers,Nic.

Comment

Birdy[A dog bait works quicker n that]. - that"s poisoned food - not food poisoning..[So do shop eggs.] ??? huh - not lead ones per chance are they - about .303"?DG - were the ones that got crook from way out of town?? Could be a water issue, alternately they may have been the only ones around someone else who sneezed / coughed on them and nobody else was so unfortunately blessed.. it"d be interesting to follow the medical forensics on it.Cheers,Nic.Water was one thought I had as the tank that operates as a header on the campsite did run dry and the town supply line has a split in and was shut off so that is a possibility (I only found out about when the tank went dry) however as far as I know no one else at the campsite had a problem either so it is harder to isolate than that, I don"t know the exact movements at the event of each person or whether other food was consumed that had nothing to with the supplied food also another possibility.My son wound up very sick at the last Nationals SA it only showed shortly after the first nights dinner.However I don"t believe the food had anything to do with it.I believe he caught a bug on the way there the result what he ate was returned he did not eat really properly again for another nearly 2 days. After further checking he was running a temp which I believe is why he returned his dinner, some good rest and sleep fixed that.It would not surprise me if something similar was the cause, yes they came from far away (QLD) some of them are strange up there

Comment

Water was one thought I had as the tank that operates as a header on the campsite did run dry and the town supply line has a split in and was shut off so that is a possibility (I only found out about when the tank went dry) however as far as I know no one else at the campsite had a problem either so it is harder to isolate than that, I don"t know the exact movements at the event of each person or whether other food was consumed that had nothing to with the supplied food also another possibility.I could not tell you about my movements as I did not even look at them, was glad to just get rid of them and flush them away.Graeme.

Comment

[So do shop eggs.]

Comment

Working...
                              X