No announcement yet.

What on earth is wrong with this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What on earth is wrong with this forum?

I am still the number one poster??? I haven't even looked here for a year or more? What a joke? We had the AGM yesterday, Paul was telling us how great the new forum is, how it is so good for keeping out spam?? Yeah right?? How the webmaster was doing such a great job... yeah right....

All I can see is the forum went from not bad, to worse, to terrible... to this .... which is nothing I guess?

Look how much spam there is? Who is supposed to be keeping spam out? (or at least at bay?) I made it known over a year ago that I was happy to help the webmaster... but all I was told is I posted too much?

This forum is a joke! We have great people with fantastic knowledge... like Tim, Paul and others.... this place would be perfect to educate and entertain... to get new members etc.... this forum should be the hub of gyros in Australia.... instead it is this.... embarrassment

People should be able to come to this forum for up to date info on everything gyro related... from safety to general information and conversation.... there doesn't look like much has happened in the last year or more I have been away?

How pathetic.... I guess everyone else is embarrassed by it as well? Bloody hell... what a waste of space...

Got something constructive to say?

Comment

Ditto! please offer constructive helpful suggestions on the improvement of this forum. At the moment all we know is that you are not happy with it.

The only way to stop spamming would be to turn off the site, as you know you can't stop a person in-front of a computer from logging in then spamming. I do believe Graeme is doing a great job of deleting spam when it is posted.

The forum has not had much momentum this year because of the extra long time taken to migrate the last incarnation of the forum to this one. but now it is up an running it needs support not condemnation.
      Past Members... Having Account Troubles? Please PM me with your old username or email and I will merge it with your new account or reset it required.

Comment

MMMMMUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. mmmmmaaaaaaattttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy.
        your back. I knew you could do it. ok they are right , how about NOW some constructive things. the bottom line is there is a new forum. and constructive things can build to better things. [ actually you would be a contender for winning the competition and a new rotax. ] damn that's not good for me. .
        I only looked at 1 other forum and although they had some good things about them , you can't have them all the same. this is ours and it seems to be getting better. positively it will grow.... .

Comment

Something constructive.......................... Nope sorry, this site takes the longest to load, nd basically as stated everyone who knows **** had the shits and don't bother coming here and more, I'll try to be more direct next time, it's my anger management kicking in right now

Comment

This new forum works about the same speed as others by my observations. The big killer has been the length of time taken to get to this point Once people shift or turn off its very difficult to get them back again ! Another sticking point is possibly the censorship of posts, something that doesn't sit well with many people
            Interesting to note that those complaining don't seem to be here posting!

Comment

Originally posted by bones View Post
              Something constructive.......................... Nope sorry, this site takes the longest to load, nd basically as stated everyone who knows **** had the shits and don't bother coming here and more, I'll try to be more direct next time, it's my anger management kicking in right now
              Hopefully with some help from Aussie gyro pilots we can get the forum working good enough so as we don't have to look to the Yank forum for help. Really sorry we couldn't make it up your way on the way back from Kununurra a few months ago Bones, the rain stuffed up our plans. Missed out on dropping into Birdy's place as well.

Comment

always was and always will be the gentleman Brian. very true about complaints , basically from ones that only wanted to come and complain.
                it is here guys and it works, lets get on with it. I loved the forum basically from the safety point of learning from others , whether it be from others mistakes or from others that are smarter, it was always a good thing ,

Comment

You are too kind tony but I love the compliment .I'm going to do my bit to get it going again as I enjoyed the banter &learnt lots and can now hopefully pass something on to help others

Comment

Well well....I've bin gone for yr or 2 now, just last week or so, fellow mentioned it's back, and so it should be. A crucial link into gyros and pilots. The earlier decision to let it languish, to ignor member complaints, saw mass exodus. Will it again rise, to a great interactive site.....time will tell.....I hope so.
                    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Wow, is it really you Russ? How are you doing? Good to see you back. Its been a frustrating time & disappointing that it's taken too long to get the forum going again. We do have a good platform to work of now so it's only a matter of fine tuning plus getting everyone back , that will be the hard part .

Comment

"Brian 1" .....young member...........yea right, Gday "Ol fella".
                        ( toying with the idea of adding a gyro into me hanger...again. Once smitten, it's a love affair for ever. )
                        Last edited by Russell; 27-11-2016, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Yep, it's Russ alright! Welcome back mate! They are a bit of that no doubt always appealing cause they are a gyro & nothing flys like them. Hows Lucy? Apologies if I didn't spell that right & are you still living overseas?

Comment

Yea....we were bouncing around, here there everywhere, not so of late. ( more like quick dashes here n there ) intend to get " licensed up " again.....let it all lapse.
                            Lucy.......she's just great, full of vim and vigor.......as always.
                            Regards to to you and yours.....hope things are just "rosey "

Comment

Yep, all rosey here even the dorpers & goats are happy with green grass &lots of it . Pretty easy to get back in but if you have any trouble let me know . No longer on board but will be able to assist for sure. Have a new president & a new ops manager . Allan has retired a few times but is still working tirelessly in the background doing magnificent stuff in writing up manuals etc

Comment

Working...
                              X