ASRA annual general meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRA annual general meeting.

ASRA held the AGM over the weekend in Caboolture and as most of you are probably aware Paul has stood down from the presidents role and Allan also has also stood down from the Ops managers job. Fortunately they are both prepared to assist with the transition of the new board as the complexity of ASRA,s role in the aviation community as well as the work required to run an association is quite staggering.
    I have taken over from Paul and Jeff Blunt has taken on the heavy workload of Ops manager.
    Our aim over the next twelve months apart from the day to day operations of ASRA is to promote the sport throughout the country via air shows and by any other means possible. To achieve this we will require a lot of help from members as the more gyro knowledge available the better. I'm hoping that at any event we will have a mix of home builders as well as factory built machine pilots to engage with the public.
    I'm sure there will be lots of challenges over the next twelve months but looking forward to an exciting future for the sport.

A couple of other changes to the board as well,Ken Norris & I have stepped aside to allow a couple of new member's onto the board . For me it was a pretty tough decision but after meeting the new board members, I reckon they will do a great job! Our new ops manager is a top bloke & knows his stuff really well , He has huge shoes to fill but I reckon he will fill them admirably . All in all, our board is one of the best.

Comment

thanks for the up-date rick and congratulations, I could see this happening a while ago. [ I wish I could win the lotto with some of my vision sometimes. ] and to the others as well.
      and a big thank you to PAUL and I think everyone would say ALLAN especially. to have someone of his calibre in the job role he held would of been the envy of other organisations. I don't know many of the others, but thank you for helping run ASRA . anyone that helps keep my BUTT in the air and my head sane are top people.

Comment

ok rick, now lets talk about the forum competition . 914 or just a 912 , I'm easy..

Comment

Can't beat a Rotax 912 Tony

Comment

ok done deal , the competition is for a 912. [ I could wish. ]. I have noticed that the board is ignoring me and my attempts to have the competition started. .

Comment

I hereby make you promotions officer Tony, all you have to do is get Floods to give you a motor for free. How hard could that be?

Comment

Good move Rick always thought Tony was a born promotions officer Good luck with Bert there Tony !

Comment

funny men funny, and after I said all those nice things about you rick. . ok in the forum version number 2 [ which has been convenently deleted I might ad.] I had suggested that asra buy the new rotax 912 and put it up for the competition .as a way of getting everybody back on here . just a bit of coin [ after the moths flew out the coffers.] and you did make me promotions officer mr president. . you probably needed warning I'm quick rick. i'll make the call then.

Comment

funny men funny. and after I always say such nice things about rick. well during the forum version number 2 I had suggested that asra put up a rotax 912 for the prize in a competition to kick start the new forum, version 2 that was then, [ it's only a bit of coin , after the moths flew outa bank account when you checked the balance ] , and all that has been conviently deleted I might ad now we are in version 3 . it's coming along nicely too. but the place would be pumping if that comp was firing along. and you did make me promotions officer too mr president.
                    probably should of warned you I'm quick rick. . anyway i'll make the call.

Comment

your right , everyone that has a Rotax doesn't need one and not enough others that need one could make it worth while to make a competition happen.
                      the competition that never happened is finished . .

Comment

Working...
                      X