No announcement yet.

ASRA at air shows????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if anyone is interested I always offer them to sit in it [ no keys in the ignition obviously ] explain that it is like riding a motor bike only you don't have to follow the road and white line.
    you can get an idea if they are really interested by the look on their face and the questions they ask .
    usually getting into deep and meaningful detail about the rotars can confuse them, so I keep it simple and just say it's like a 2 x bladed windmill and show them the rotar head tilt movement etc.

Comment

I found that the subject of how the rotors work (autorotation) is better off left alone at a public gathering. 99.99% of people will look at you with a "Meh ??????? - say again?". It is surprising how many gyronaughts will say the same, or just nod their head and smile. Some gyronaughts do not even understand the simple way that the joystick changes the pitch on the rotors. This is not necessarily the fault of their instructor - often they simply don't believe him.

Comment

Well well, Ol Timothy, how you going Ol fella. As usual pal, you're 100% spot on. ( yes folks this Ol codger goes back in gyro history around the 1970's ) so listen to what he says.
        If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

G'day Russ. Good to see you back ol' mate. Be good to see a few more back. Perhaps once Tony buys that 912ULS to donate to a forum user then a few more might come back.
          Last edited by Tim; 09-12-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

hey tim , there is a 912 sitting at floods waiting to send to the winner,
            the last time I looked I was sh#t loads in front as to the highest number of postings so I might change it to a 914..

Comment

Originally posted by tonydenton View Post
              hey tim , there is a 912 sitting at floods waiting to send to the winner,
              the last time I looked I was sh#t loads in front as to the highest number of postings so I might change it to a 914..
              If your gonna dream Tony make it the new 915.

Comment

my job role as promotions office has been filled , just 1 minor detail that tim has wrong and that is I have had floods send the invoice [ which will now have to be upgraded to a 914 price ] to the president of asra, there are a few reasons for this 1 # he is the president 2 # he already has 2 rotax's 3 # that's my job as promotions officer.
                I have been e-mailing rick this week.
                I think it was about radios actually .
                I might of forgotten about mentioning the invoice being sent to him, but rick is pretty quick to pick up on things and I'm sure he will catch on quick.
                my next forum promotion post will be called " tell us about your air strip and why you like it. "
                no money involved with this one guys . just getting the forum going again.

Comment

Hang on, hang on .......what's this 912 Rotax donation all about. I must've been under a rock somewhere, and missed this "promotion". So......what's the go.
                  ( if I don't win it......then it's rigged.....as me mate Donald trump said ) .......and boy am I looking forward to Ol donny throwing a cat or 2 in amongst the pigeons. Was planning on dropping him an email, and telling him to get his ar😇e over here, and rip Canberra apart, drain the swamp, shoot the ferals,
                  poison the leeches, ( public servants ) stake casa mongrels onto ant nests..........oh, forgot....no dole money handouts. Geezus, I better stop here, I'm getting angry.
                  Last grype........everybody....bleedin everybody, and every business, company etc, all pay same rate of tax, no exceptions, no "loop holes, no minimisation " ....the current system is rooted, and has been for last 100yrs......Bugger, 1 more......Australia is not for sale, never will be.
                  Them Chinese buggers, smart critters them folks, they think 50yrs ahead, we think to the next election.

Now the fight begins......

Comment

Originally posted by tonydenton View Post
                    hey tim , last time I looked I was sh#t loads in front as to the highest number of postings so I might change it to a 914..
                    Done me like a dinner Tony. Looks like I've only had 2 posts since I started (late last century). Make that 3 now.
                    have you checked out Birdy's number of posts?

Comment

Gday all, new to forum and still learning to work it out. Am very interested in learning more about these machines and just wondering if anybody knows of who may have one around townsville or burdekin area. Have been following gyros for awhile now but am still yet to see one in the flesh. Any pointers or contacts would be appreciated to be able to have an introduction to these machines. Currently flying ultraliights under ra-aus, and really think that a gyro would be better suited for me.
                      Have been to numerous air shows etc but yet to actually see one in the flesh.
                      Thanks in advance for any replies/contacts.
                      Squeak

Comment

Rob Mauloni instructs in gyros in the Innisfail area, give him a call on 0423798911. You could do a trial flight with him and take it from there, good luck.

Comment

Thanks for that Rick,.will give him a call today. Is there any other instructors up this way that you know of, innisfail is still about 4.5hrs for me, else i guess I'm driving to have a fly!
                          Cheers Squeak

Comment

instructors list from web site
                            Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

hello tim, I think you might of not read all the rules for winning the engine of your dreams, 1 of the conditions was posts on the NEW FORUM. and MR DAN POOLE can't rig his own web page for any profit either . [ not unless it's from me anyway. ] .
                              and RUSS , your starting to worry me as I seem to be agreeing with you more and more. . but this time I do cause your right.

Comment

Ok Tone Ol pal, I'll let this indiscretion of yours to embrace my earlier comments, as a momentary brain fade on your part. If I could delete your post I would, it's a mistake.....ok. ( publicly liking, is bereft of a good spat ) 😊
                                sometimes in moments of reflection, I think perhaps I entered into the wrong career path, perhaps taking up commercial fishing was my better pathway, I love fishing, and do well at it, so tossing out baits/lures and observing the reactions, is mostly interesting to me. It's sometimes food for thought to others, offends some ( I don't give a Sh"t ) but the reactions is my aim. ( perverted barst""d )
                                ok.....hope we're again on the same page here, and season greetings to you and the pathetics that frequent this site. 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Comment

Working...
                                X