X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonydenton
    replied
    hey tim , there is a 912 sitting at floods waiting to send to the winner,
    the last time I looked I was sh#t loads in front as to the highest number of postings so I might change it to a 914..

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    G'day Russ. Good to see you back ol' mate. Be good to see a few more back. Perhaps once Tony buys that 912ULS to donate to a forum user then a few more might come back.
    Last edited by Tim; 09-12-2016, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Well well, Ol Timothy, how you going Ol fella. As usual pal, you're 100% spot on. ( yes folks this Ol codger goes back in gyro history around the 1970's ) so listen to what he says.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    I found that the subject of how the rotors work (autorotation) is better off left alone at a public gathering. 99.99% of people will look at you with a "Meh ??????? - say again?". It is surprising how many gyronaughts will say the same, or just nod their head and smile. Some gyronaughts do not even understand the simple way that the joystick changes the pitch on the rotors. This is not necessarily the fault of their instructor - often they simply don't believe him.

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    if anyone is interested I always offer them to sit in it [ no keys in the ignition obviously ] explain that it is like riding a motor bike only you don't have to follow the road and white line.
    you can get an idea if they are really interested by the look on their face and the questions they ask .
    usually getting into deep and meaningful detail about the rotars can confuse them, so I keep it simple and just say it's like a 2 x bladed windmill and show them the rotar head tilt movement etc.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    The gyros Eric Hoskins builds look fairly professional just judging by the photos I have seen of them although I hear he is no longer building. Rosco's despite looking a agricultural comparing to a Euro are possibly better put together and if you care to have look behind the dash of his latest gyros you will see the care to detail etc is awesome.

So I reckon its okay to have the better finished homebuilts with the smart looking tubs.

You seem to be getting wiser with age Russ .

Leave a comment:

• RossM
    replied
    http://www.asra.org.au/assets/ASRA-Brochure.pdf

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    such wise words russ. ever thought of putting it all in a book . could make a fortune. .

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Max Ol son....this orgasmic stuff you're on about....Maaate I'm thinkin your medications might need changing, it's a scientific fact, women are masters at deception, and some guys are gullible to believe the ouwh arrrrhs.
    As a saying goes......sex for a woman is all about the journey, sex for a guy is all about the destination.😊😊
    Geezus........here we go, the thread has gotten onto sex. Pathetic bunch aren't we....

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    laughing my friggen ass off max, god where do you come up with this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• mad max
    replied
    Adventure loving people love open frame gyro's. They fly slow. (Speed kills) High drag, good for mustering. No false sense of security therefore scary for thrillseakers who search for 'rushes'. Easy to preflight check. Cheep to fix if you 'ding'. Women have more orgasims in gyro's than on Harleys. I've had old hairy legged grandmothers ten years into menopause ask to 'turn about' on an early morning flight as they wish to 'wake up their husband!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Bring homebuilds out under the cloak of darkness....😊😊😊 ( no moonlight, no nuthin )

Leave a comment:

• RickE
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    I'll get nailed to the stake for this........
    yrs ago, home builds were all you could get, and it was accepted for gyros to be a tad "agricultural", not that pretty etc etc.
    But now......we see Micky mouse factory build machines, absolute gems. This......is now more "norm" .....lookers love them. Place a homebuild alongside them, and watch the looks. Yes homebuilds can fly ok, but public now look at a factory job, looks great, so must be safe etc. So what I'm saying, too often home builds degrade the profile of gyros. Gyros have always battled low regard by the general public, unfairly mostly, but this new generation of machines has the goods to change all that. ( so.....keep the home builds away from shows. )....

Now the fight begins....
    Personally I think it is a good idea to have home builts on display as it shows the full range of what is available. One of the big problems we have with the new generation machines is that there is no cheap entry level options, with even second hand gyros selling for 50 -60K.
    I have found that there a lot of people that get as much satisfaction out of building machines as flying them.
    As Max says some people also appreciate the engineering aspect of the machines which is kept pretty much covered up on the Eurogyros.
    One of my most enjoyable flights was in a Rosco flying along at 30-40 knots, not real good for X country but great for local flights, I guess that makes me a fan of both styles.

Leave a comment:

• mad max
    replied
    Dissagree. The average 'digger' loves to see ingenuity. It's the heart of being Ausie (and Kiwi) Some even look beautiful also. The European rich boy (and girls) toys are very sexy. Relatively easy to fly, but if you ding one it breaks the bank. If you make it to your destination in a home built you achieve a lot more satisfaction because you made it with your bare hands. I displayed one of my old Higgans / Benson machines at the TC show once. Even flew it in. The NT chief minister wouldn't stay away from it. (Marshall Peron) It was the rugged factor he loved. Even loved my elect. operated 'bomb doors'. There should be two catorgories. Soft coc and hard coc machines! Like a Harley verses a honda!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I'll get nailed to the stake for this........
    yrs ago, home builds were all you could get, and it was accepted for gyros to be a tad "agricultural", not that pretty etc etc.
    But now......we see Micky mouse factory build machines, absolute gems. This......is now more "norm" .....lookers love them. Place a homebuild alongside them, and watch the looks. Yes homebuilds can fly ok, but public now look at a factory job, looks great, so must be safe etc. So what I'm saying, too often home builds degrade the profile of gyros. Gyros have always battled low regard by the general public, unfairly mostly, but this new generation of machines has the goods to change all that. ( so.....keep the home builds away from shows. )....

Now the fight begins....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X