Airspace Reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airspace Reform

Dear Members,Following Board approval, I have arranged for briefing material on the changes being made to the airspace that we all use to be sent to you by snail mail.Please read and absorb the contents. It is important.You will note that gyroplanes are only mentioned twice in the briefing (on the page titled "Helicopter Operations"). This is despite my approach to DOTARS during the consultation period for this to happen. Therefore, I have had to clarify with them into which category gyroplanes fall. This has been determined to be the "Ultralight" Class. This means that ALL circuits will be conducted at 500'AGL.The new procedures are effective from November 24th 2005, so there is ample time for you to learn these changes so that you are ready for the implementation.It is doubtful that DOTARS has advised other disciplines of the categorisation of gyros, so I will contact the appropriate organisations and ask that they inform their members as soon as possible. This having been done, it is likely that many users will not be familiar with this fact. Please try to avoid conflict over this issue, and ask the complainant to contact me or DOTARS for clarification.As usual, contact me if you have any queries.Regards,Allan.
    Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
Working...
X