Light weight 4 stroke Rotax replacement engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light weight 4 stroke Rotax replacement engines

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlyGeo_uncensoredThe Suzuki (Also called Geo in the US) one litre engine weighs a little more than a Rotax 582, itproduces 62 HP normally aspirated but with a better, flatter torque curve.Both gearbox and cog belt redrives and all other aircraft conversion parts are available for very reasonable cost. Turbo versions are available also.The Geo/Suzuki engine uses about half the fuel that the dreaded two stroke engines use.The 1.3 litre four cylinder Suzuki engine beats the Rotax 912 in power and weight.All that and far cheaper than a Rotax too!There is a Yahoo group about these fantastic little engines used inaircraft, it is a very active and helpful group.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlyGeo_uncensored

Is this to good to be true? Anybody with some experience and realworld data on these imports please comment. I do like my two-strokes and the only complaint I have is there fuel consumption and noise.GraemeImage Insert: 28.07

Comment

Graeme,is that your littlewing Gyro?.M Barker

Comment

Wish it was Murray. It belongs to a mate of mine that has just finished building after about 3 years. I don't have that much patients. He is comeing to stay, get some training and have his baby test flown and ticked off. I can't wait too see how these things fly. The writing on the side says "no pushover".Graeme

Comment

Who does it belong too?I have one under construction as well.who will test fly it?M Barker

Comment

You are a nosey litte bugger arn't you Murray[]The builder/owner is Keith Holmes, he lives up in Nth Qld. You can get him on kgholmes@ozemail.com.auPaul Brutty will be doing the instructing and testing about the middle of March. You are welcome to come for a look and touch if you want, Keith is very proud of his first go at building a gyro.Graeme

Comment

Keith is very proud of his first go at building a gyro.GraemeHe bloody should be looks good from the pics..Mark

Comment

Where abouts up northRob

Comment

Well I'll be...I just looked at your profile Rob, and Mark's too. Keith lives in between the two of you at Ingham. Best place in the world. Lived there myself till a few years ago and hope to get back there sometime to stay. I used to fly my gyro's around the cane fields there. Over the sea and over the hills out to Ace-Airfield west of Townsville. There was once a used and bent set of my rotors over the bar there. I have not heard anything about that place since Bill left us. I even flew up and refueled at Innisfail once, nice handy servo there for flyers.Graeme Monro

Comment

Gday Graeme, yes Ingham not a bad place, very similar to Innisfail.I actually live just down the road from the aerodrome, between the aerodrome and the servo. From what i understand there were quite a few gyros between the Tablelands and Townsville however i know of only one asra registed gyro still flying in the area which happens to be at Innisfail, good to see there are others involved with gyros not to far away. I travel down to Townsville every week to fly out to work so i will have to get in touch with Keith and see if he wouldnt mind me dropping in for a look at his machine.Regards Rob

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeIs this to good to be true? Anybody with some experience and realworld data on these imports please comment. I do like my two-strokes and the only complaint I have is there fuel consumption and noise.GraemeYes it's true. I have joined the FlyGeo_uncensored group and the claims are true.People are giving actual measured thrust figures that speak for themselves.It's good buy and good riddance to the Rotax from now on and I will save a heap of money too.

Comment

Is this to good to be true? Anybody with some experience and realworld data on these imports please comment. I do like my two-strokes and the only complaint I have is there fuel consumption and noise.GraemeYes it's true. I have some experience of piloting a trike with this engine in Russia (Suzuki G13BA, 1.3 litre, fuel injected, 78 hp, 84 kg ramp weight) . The only problem is the relatively short operational life of the rebuilt engines - smth like 600 - 800 motor hours. In Russia they give warranty just for 300 hours for these engines.Nick_S nsinev@yandex.ru

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Nick_SIs this to good to be true? Anybody with some experience and realworld data on these imports please comment. I do like my two-strokes and the only complaint I have is there fuel consumption and noise.GraemeYes it's true. I have some experience of piloting a trike with this engine in Russia (Suzuki G13BA, 1.3 litre, fuel injected, 78 hp, 84 kg ramp weight) . The only problem is the relatively short operational life of the rebuilt engines - smth like 600 - 800 motor hours. In Russia they give warranty just for 300 hours for these engines.Nick_S nsinev@yandex.ruBut even if it's only 600 hours that beats 99% of the two stroke engines and at the low price of a replacement engine it really doesn't matter. Anyway it would take most people many years to fly 600 hours.

Comment

Honest engine (or engine conversion) retailers usually quote a very conservative figure to overhaul until they have clocked up proven hours in the real world of aviation. The Suzuki engine on Mark Menz's gyroplane seems to do the job so easily and off throttle that I would imagine that it would give a comparatively long service life. Unfortunately we have to wait for it to get the hours up.Tim McClure

Comment

Working...
                            X