Required RPM (static)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required RPM (static)

Could some one tell me what RPM is required during ground testing, and prop pitching, a Rotax 582 with B box.During flight 6800 RPM is max rev's but on the ground and static, I think this is not acheivable, and from memory max acheivable rpm static is 6400 rpm, is this right ?????.Sam.

Sam,Though I know nothing of Rotax engines, would your objective be to maximise thrust?Does it follow that max thrust on ground = max thrust in the air?I'm not sure if this is affected by two stroke chemistry or not..Cheers,Nick.

Comment

No not quite Nick, as on the ground your prop has a higher loading due to no through flow from forward movement.From my microlight days, I think about 6300 to 6500 was max static RPM on ground.Could someone confirm this please.Sam.

Comment

G'Day Sam,6450-6500 was what I got static on my 503, you do get a little more in the air, I've seen 6650-6700rpm. This was confirmed by Murray Barker through Allan Wardill, when I was running my engine in and all I could get was the earlier mentioned figures. I believe Allan got similar figures, so yes this would be in the ball park.Cheers,Mitch.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

Yes Sam to get the motor to the right rpms in flight it may take a few goes, the prop i have on mine now can only get to about 6100 static and bout 64-6500 in the air, i not to worried about it as that is heaps of power for my machine, even with my expanding butt and 70 odd lts of fuel, its up to you for what you need out of your motor, ie cruise fuel consumption, or high power for short take offs, i have another prop that when i put it on i can only get 59-6100 in the air out of the motor very good for cruising. Hope all that makes sense..Nic that SHOULD apply for all motors not just two strokes.Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"Mark

Comment

We have allways set the 532/582's to around 6200/6300 static and this allows 6500 on a full power climb. You dont want to have redline revs in a climb,unless you have a constant speed prop.M Barker

Comment

Working...
            X