Bell 206 Gyroplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell 206 Gyroplane

Hi All,I was planning on buying the gyro below but change in circumstances (needed a new car > ) im no longer able to so am just helping him out.The bloke (a professional draftsman) has put 4000 hours into it so far, by making the molds and the actual construction, the molds are also for sale separately, weight at last counting was 369lbs it has be designed as a boom thru the prop shaft with the prop shaft running on a bearing altho it can be modified to put a keel onto it and and run the tail out like a conventional tail and normal engine/gearbox assembly. it was designed for the undercarriage and rotor mast loads to be carried by the fibreglass but after some talking we think that an internal aluminium frame would be best which is possible and they way i was going to do it. I really didn"t wanna let the cat out the bag about this gyro as i would of loved to have it but he would like it sold as he has a share in a plane now, he would of loved it to stay in SA as he could still see it being built and flying but understands that it probably an unrealistic expectation.Finally he would like only to get the material cost that he has put into back which is $32000 If you are keenly interested in this project Private message me and i will put you onto the builder. this is a gyro that won"t fly over night but will be easy to finish as all the truely hard work has been done then this is the perfect project, And come on who wouldnt love a gyro that looks like a Bell 206Below are some pictures of the various stages of construction.CheersRegards,

More
    Attached Files

Comment

last lot, i will try to get more off of him as i know its got the dash full of instruments and radio,
      Attached Files

Comment

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That looks a serious weapon.Heavy??

Comment

When i last talked to him (I haven"t personally seen it in the felsh just the CAD drawings and some printed out photo"s and pictures i"ve posted here) and ask it was 167kgs so my thinking with that figure, it probably would come out around 400kg"s working on an EJ2.5 but i reckon she"ld be real nice with a 914 if money isnt an issue.

Comment

i would be interested in buying the moulds could you please advise the price i think it looks fantastic regards wayne byrnes.

Comment

Hi Wayne,I"ve sent you an email.Regards

Comment

One question comes to mind, where does the back spinny thing go??I mean it looks a million bucks, be spot on finished, but with the tail assembly like that, how does the prop fit in, i must have missed something.

Comment

Hi Mark,The idea was to have the engine drive a belt and shaft attachment that would then drive the prop that was to come out the tail, its been suggested with his agreement that anyone that is willing to take on this project to just drop that idea/tail and just build a conventional keel/tail assembly, which he as got CAD drawings of. I know he is willing to negotiate about price so if ya keen send me an email to

Comment

Brian has decided to part out the gyro into the below stages.FUSELAGE POD (to current stage)Inc. 2 x 45lit. Glass tanks (fitted.)Disc brakes to main wheels.2 x four point harnesses.$6500 ENGINESUBARU EJ2.5 (s.o.h.c.)$1400ENGINE INSTRUMENTATIONTemp gaugeOil pressure Volt meterMan. Pressure (inc. Install. Kit)Duel EGT (inc. Probes and harness)Tacho (0 to 8000rpm)2 x Fuel gauges (senders installed)Hobbs meterRocker switches x 6$700$800 RADIOSVHF (MICROAIR 760)VHF AerialComm. Unit (SOFTCOM ATC-4P)UHF (UNIDEN UH089)$1800$2200Brian can be contacted directly at: briancarousel @ adam.com.au

Comment

Working...
                    X