New 27" Rotor Blades for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 27" Rotor Blades for sale

For sale New 27" extruded 6061 rotor blades. Blades have a composite spar in the leading edge. Hub-bars are 6061 CNC machined. Able to make Blades to any size. Send me a Private Message for any information. Price $2500 + freight and box if needed. Located nearCaboolture Qld.

I had a look at a set and they look extra good. Nick has put 2 degrees pitch in so they are well pitched up but are apparently very smooth. Very tempted to try a set and for that price....you couldnt go wrong !!

Comment

Nick,Great to see another OZ blade manufacturer ready for production.I am very interested in a set of 27.5" or 28" . Are other lengths avail? Also I would be keen to see a photo and details of hubbar. 6061 alloy but what is the temper rating? Give me a call if you want to sell a set to someone who is going to test them and do a fair comparison against other products available.Adrian ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

i imagine the sums have been done, but wouldn"t they be heavy chord wise, up front ? and heavy all up weight. i didn"t think the other extruded manufartures had anything in the spar?just asking thou.

Comment

Hello Tony the all up weight of a set of 27 foot blades is about 28kg. The solid fill leading edge helps with the cord wise balance of the blades. The size of the spar was worked out to get the cord wise balance around the 25%-27% cord wise balance. Lots of other blades have a solid leading edges or spars.

Comment

Ok..........i"ll give em a go. Query first, you know my machine........HEAVY
            If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

thanks nick, i didn"t realise that others had that in there. i bought some ,years ago, for my long term 2 seater project thinking they would only get dearer and bugger me if you haven"t come up with a really good price .

Comment

Couple of questions, How many hours have been done on these new type of blades?

Comment

Gday all just wondering if anyone has tried these rotors yet, any feedback.Has anyone got a phone number for this fellacheers wolfy

Comment

Guys,I took delivery of a set of 27.5" blades just after xmas and now have 7hrs of testing completed. I can report the following so far;Test aircraft - Sportcopter 912M with a modified rotor head so that it can accept all hub bar typesBlades compared and also tested on same gyro in similar conditions - 27.5" MTO3 and AK 27". Freight Box - MDF with good packing using cardboard. Box showed minimal transit bruising when picked up at Perth TNT office.Blade extrusion was of consistant quality with no sign of extrusion flaws only minor discolouration. This minor discolouration was known in advance and accepted as these blades were for testing.Hub bar design and materials complied with recommendations from ASRA sponsored investigations. Hubbar had precone and a keyed Teeter block(excellent design for high energy pre rotators) Blade pitch established using extrusion plate between blade and blade straps/tangs.As I have only 7hrs of testing todate and most of this has been in typical summer turbulent conditions I will just provide summary observations and comparsons so far.Out of the box the blades were set up and found to be straight with a stringline. Blades were set up in the Rotorhead at the mid point and test flown with out any adjustment or tweaking.Initial test found the blades to track within 10mm at flying RPM and demonstrate virtually no rotational shake at the stick just an acceptable two beat pulse consistant with two blade rotor systems. Of interest was the need to disconnect the trim spring with these blades. Compared to the MTO and AK blades the two beat pulse was slightly more pronounced.Tests in banking turns showed no change to the blade feel suggesting that the factory precone was good for a single seat gyro with similar AUW as the test Sportcopter.Tests in turbulent conditions showed similar performance to the AK and MTO comparison tests. No change in static or dynamic stability tests.Rotor RPM readings suggested that when compared to the MTO blades these were more efficient requiring less power to achieve the same performance points in straight and level cruise at both 50, 60 and 70kts indicated and a 500fpm climb into wind.A 500 foot per minute climb required 200 to 250 Eng RPR less then the MTO and AK blades. Please note that the AK blades are only 27" so this is expected. When compared to the MTO blades during the Auto flare in ground effect after a 300" Autorotation at idle into wind. the blades had slightly more inertia but when compared to the AK there was much less. Basically a slow speed quick stop requires significantly more skill to achieve. Basically these blades don"t "hang on" like a heavier AK, Patrony, Ricks etc.Overall my limited testing to date has been very positive. Until I have 50hrs and undertaken basic metallurgy and stress investigations this is all I can say at this point. If anyone wants to talk specifics please don"t hesitate to call me on 0427094552.as usual just my 10c worth,AdrianS ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Thanks adrian more great info as usual cheers wolfy

Comment

Do you have an all-up price for a boxed set 28" landed in Darwin Wolfy or do I have to arrange freight?

Comment

Gday max sorry i dont make these blades just lookin myself. Hey adrian was thinkin dont you have 27"? sport rotors on your machine how do they compare to them?cheers wolfy

Comment

Sorry, Wolfy, I had had some home brew, didn"t read it properly, looks like my query should be addressed to Nickn.

Comment

Anyone got nick number I need to talk to the man

Comment

Working...
                              X