A Rare Oppertunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rare Oppertunity

Talking to Rosco today and he told me he has a brand new Rosco, 912 with a pod & a fiberglass canopy [top & rear] ready to go.Usually its a 3 months wait or more but its someone"s lucky day. The Rosco is a very tough gyro and I cant commend them enough!!0880879148 is the number to call!!

I"m not in the market for one now but I will be in another season or two. Chopper do you know the ball park figure he charges for a new 912 machine with top and rear canopy set up for bush work? A ball park figure to work towards!

Comment

I reckon for that gyro you mentioned that you would be looking at $60,000 or close too. Rosco can do radio installation, helmet / headset wiring and nearly anything else that you can or might think of.Nearly every bit of his gyros are machined / milled in house including fiberglass work which means he can provide parts to anywhere in the world.He sold one to somewhere I never heard of [overseas] so he built it, then pulled it apart, packed it all up and shipped the complete gyro with instructions how to put it all together again so back up service is excellent.

Comment

most of us have built 1 or done major work [repairs ] to 1 , but the fact that he does it over and over is got to be not just for the money but for the love of it too, and so helpful over the phone stuff too. btw brian the mags quite good read with interesting stories, so when do we get to read about our aussie gyro factory owner.

Comment

Thanks a lot Chopper, being able to obtain parts in the same country would be convenient! They certainly appear to be a tidy machine. Sorry to hear about your friend also, horrible news.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend also, horrible news. Thanks, much apreciated.

Comment

most of us have built 1 or done major work [repairs ] to 1 , but the fact that he does it over and over is got to be not just for the money but for the love of it too, and so helpful over the phone stuff too. btw brian the mags quite good read with interesting stories, so when do we get to read about our aussie gyro factory owner.

Comment

Never seen a factory built Rosco with a canopy - any pics???

Comment

I was up at Rosco"s a couple of months ago picking up my 912, here"s some pictures of it back then...

Comment

Does any body know what kind of money he would be ask"n?I would buy it if I could sell my old banger gyro

Comment

Easiest way to find out the cost is ring Rosco. I was in BH last week & its already to go with UHF, winglets on stab, control lock and many more little things to make life easier. Panel is really well set out and whoever buys it is getting a really top shelf tough as nails gyro !! I do have pics but hevent got time to download them yet.As a guess, I"m betting its around $55 to &60.

Comment

I wonder if Ross would be interested in a trade.I"ll pay the difference????

Comment

I wonder if Ross would be interested in a trade.I"ll pay the difference????I doubt it Justin but if you let him know the details etc, he may know someone that your gyro might suit.

Comment

Any new photos on the enclosed Rosco machine?Would like to know more about it

Comment

Any new photos on the enclosed Rosco machine?Would like to know more about itI do have some photos but will need a bit of time to dig them up & re size them. Can tell you it has everything in it including a device to hold the rotors fully forward with the rotor brake on, something I would love to have. The machine was built for a property owner who has been in gyros since the late 80"s.

Comment

Working...
                              X