Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety and Training.........What, where and when........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety and Training.........What, where and when........

Willie rang me left a mssg, I rang back.My position still stands.I will email my position to a Board member.http://www.rotorcraft.com.au/compone.../#msg10187More post to view.Mitch.

Comment

Statement:I"m now in a position to reply to the posts on this forum regarding my personality, and about the recent trip I have done with Don, Mick, and Otmar.You will find all your answers now, and I do have some questions for you as well. Please don"t hesitate to answer, but please with common sense, and without abusing me. Thanksecho:June edition of Pacific Flyer has an artical by Willie ewig about his big trip.In the first

Comment

" this same guy has just got himself into asra management, could be real interesting when he gets settled in"Willy.............received a couple of ph calls, in part, relaying comments you were making to the general public at an "aviation gathering" a month or 3 ago."They" were in no doubt, that you intimated that your machines were superior, and "most" other gyros were just homebuilts, with recycled car engines.Other sublime comments degrading all "homebuilts" was leaving a very clear view to passerbys, that by not purchasing "factory built" machines, they were risking their safety etc etc.Hence, my comments above......................Yes, Tim and Allan have a degree of commercial interest in gyros, as do quite a few other members.........yet to hear any of them saying anything along the lines of your comments.Just remember, this last 30 odd years, "homebuilds" have been doing just fine, yes we had teething problems, we learnt, we changed as required, and "home builds" have got massive hours up now."factory builds" are "newbies" by comparison.As to your recent oz excursion.........well done, i applaud you all. However, i would like to know the factual hours of gyro flying, by all pilots involved, prior to departure,............any low time pilots doing that would raise my concerns, but that"s me.I"m all for extending our wings, but i"m getting old now, and "safely" is becoming more a term i use now.Done many a crazy thing years back, got away with it........most times, but now i"m more wiser. If me kid tried some of my early crazyness, i"de chop his legs off.Anyway.........just replying to your post
        If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Reply at above link.Mitch. ;D

Comment

Willi, while I don"t agree with everything posted on either side, some of it is true. I feel you have been caught up in the "Good Old Aussie Tall Poppy Syndrome" You don"t get that in Yanky land or Europe. They are more supportive than drag the people down who have a go, even if they did make a mistake or two. The old saying, "People in glass houses shouldn"t throw stones." I had my CFI rating suspended for 12 months due to landing on roads for fuel like you guys did. :-[ This was during my 2004 Easter trip to Alice Springs and back without any ground crew. Just me and my Hybrid with its trusty Subaru.Willi, thanks for taking the pressure off me. Aussie Paul.

Comment

Geez paul..........you got it all wrong.It got nuthin to do with "tall poppy" cr*p............fair go.As to "your" brush with officialdom, [ that you keep bringing up ] ...........mate, you"ve only got yourself to blame there. Bloody hell,how many times were you warned.......but oh no, you kept pushing the laws. And to make matters worse,you blabbed about it.
              If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

PB and Willie,What Russell said!And not everything that transpired on that trip has necessarily come under any scrutiny as yet.....I have information

Comment

I don"t know what you guys hope to achieve here?

Comment

Keith,I thought it was pretty clear what I want a pro-active safety and training manager, that will be more responsibile in future with low hrs pilots, even if they are flying in a state of the art german engineered gyroplane. And I took offence at the public article he wrote about gyroplanes and stated on a public Rotorcraft fourm, which has far fewer readers, that I was calling for him to be

Comment

Thanks Mitch.

Comment

G"Day Keith,I got a visit from Rosco whilst in hospital (the first time) and he mentioned the Blackberry machine to me and what was discovered. I am glad you have people like Ross around you to guide and train you.Fly Safe Keith. Perhaps Wangaratta is where we might catch up. Until then.Mitch.

Comment

"Good Old Aussie Tall Poppy Syndrome" Yup, there is a desease in oz called "tall poppy" syndrome, but fear not PB, you wont have any infection. It only attacks the TALL ones, not the seedlings.

Comment

"Good Old Aussie Tall Poppy Syndrome" Yup, there is a desease in oz called "tall poppy" syndrome, but fear not PB, you wont have any infection. It only attacks the TALL ones, not the seedlings.

Comment

hi guy,s new to this scene ,only started watching and studing these great machines of late, can anybody help me out with a chance to get a joy ride and may be some training??

Comment

Working...
                              X