Mustering with Gyro's - Seminar/Fly-in WA 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustering with Gyro's - Seminar/Fly-in WA 2008

Guy"s & Girls(yes we have at least one female mustering pilot that I know of),I regularly get calls from people wanting advice on using Gyro"s for mustering - the problem is that I dont know all of the answers;Cattle, Sheep, Goats, Brumby"s, Donkeys and even Camels! The questions focus on;General operations, Training, Ideal gyro types, Gyro maintenance, Insurance and legalitiesWhat I am thinking of doing is organising a three day (you could stay longer if you want to turn it into a family holiday) event here in WA on a Station located on the Ningaloo coast of WA that also has great fishing and other tourist activities.I plan to make this a very practical hands on event not just listening to people talking. If the interest is good enough I would also be willing to sponsor a couple of expert SCowGrowers and SGoatGrowers to come across to give us the benefit of their expertise( Birdy, Brian you get the hint!). I have yet to discuss this with the incoming ASRA Exec but I am sure that this would be seen in a very positive light by ASRA and CASA especialy as the new regs are likely to open gyro mustering to commercial operations in the near future. This would be run on a cost recovery basis only.So I can gauge the level of interest across Australia, people who are interested in being involved can let me know via this forum or directly on any one of the contact numbers below.Look forward to hearing from you,AdrianB/hrs

Just say when!

Comment

Flyin and fishin, could there be a better mix ?I"d love to wrangle this one between work committments.Baz

Comment

Sounds like a plan, and i recon your the man adrian, good to hear. Lets just hope sumthn happens positivly with the ops thingy.

Comment

A very good idea , I"m no expert but would be only too pleased to help in any way possible if I"m able to get there.

Comment

Count me in, need to learn abit of flying stuff.

Comment

Adriansounds fantastic, I"ll be there Ross B

Comment

Hi allIf anyone is going thru Kununurra on the way too or on the way back give us a yellWe have plenty of room for you to camp and have a van if your the first hereAlso have plenty of room in the hanger for a gyro or three if you want to do some flying over some of the best flying country there isRegards Neville

Comment

Guys,Firstly thanks for the offers of support.The numbers are looking good, I am keen to see if we can interest a few manufacturers as well. The next stage is to work out the timing so it isnt too close to the ASRA Nats and the busy part of the mustering season.When I have all of the variables together I will let you all know the details.Regards,Adrian042709455208 95612979stoffels@ozemail.com.au 8)

Comment

Working...
                  X