autogyro project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autogyro project

I am an Aerospace Engineering student at Technical University of Lisbon (Portugal), and as one of my final year projects, me and some fellow colleagues have to project, build and hopefully fly an autogyro.From my research on the internet, I came across this website which I found very interesting, especially I found the technical part to be very useful! Because I am just getting started and I am having some trouble defining a starting point based on historical data for autogyros, I would like to ask, based on your experience, to what extent is it valid to start an autogyro project based on an helicopter. Also, I would like to know if anyone could indicate me what"s the maths or physics behind the program by Martin Hollman. Or any available way to get in touch with him. Moreover, if you have any information you think would be useful to project an autogyro, would you be kind enough to point it out to me?I have been exploring this forum and have already discovered many useful informations.Thank you in advance for the time spent!

Here is a simple one to work on:http://taggart.glg.msu.edu/gyro/gbee.htmIf you want a heli based gyro [blades and rotor head] have a google for "gyrhino" by Dick Degraw.Have fun, and most important of all - get lessons before you fly, or, you will die.Cheers,Nick.

Comment

If I was in your position I would think about building a radio controlled model.Building a model will keep the cost down, and you can use low cost

Comment

Thank you for the device.But don"t worry, I am not the planning to fly on it! The project is supposed to be an UAV, but one of the requisites is for it to be able to fly around 10 hours without landing. The early calculations showed that for such a time the total weight of the autogyro would be somewhere around 300 kg which is the weight of a typical maned autogyro. So I am gathering info"s about maned autogyros but hope to build something that at this stage would fly like an rc model.

Comment

Sounds very interestingWhat engine are you planning to use?Ross B

Comment

Working...
          X