No Experience, no knowledge ..... but very keen to learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Experience, no knowledge ..... but very keen to learn

Hi everyone,Firstly intro"s, my name is Simon, I live in Brisbane, and have made ther decision to cease racing motorcycles.

Hi Simon, well, you have made a wise choice, seeing the tv shots of you

Comment

SimonGreat news. Spend some time finding out as much as you can.Just wait untill you find an instructor and meet some gyro folkbefore you spend your money on a gyro.Safe FlyingRoss B

Comment

and have made ther decision to cease racing motorcycles.You wont regret it mate, it was the smartest thing i ever did too. And once you get the hang of these machines, your old scooter will seem like your granny"s weekender.

Comment

Cheers guys, really appreciate the time you"ve taken to respond.Brian, getting your knee down and sliding the rear into and out of the corners is exactly the reasons why we do it, but concede that I"m not as young as I used to be.Ross, I had planned on heading to Wats Bridge last week-end, but bad weather prevented that.Birdy, loved your comment the most as it is exactly what excites me.

Comment

Smon, most people give up racing bikes cause they run out of bones to break. that was my reason anyway. What did you race and when. I did a lot of laps and won quiet a few round Lakeside( great track).The corner names said it all, Carousell, Bus Stop, and that ball tearing kink in the straight. Had some good battles around there with SCott Doohan and Troy Corser on 600s and Robbie Baird, Troy Bayliss ,Gobert andGary Mçoy on 250s. Remember seeing Marcus Payten highsided clear over the armco coming onto the straight.Ken

Comment

Hi Simon Watts Bridge turned out to be good on the weekend Bruce was there doing a few tifs for a few guy that ventured out there.

Comment

Startn to make feel young again with all this talk bout racen scooters. BTW Simon, once you start ripn into one of these things, anythn with two wheels is a scooter in comparison. [ even me old KTM 600 i used to flog down to fink n back. ;D]

Comment

Well one things for sure, you"re a friendly bunch

Comment

Having a 2-stroke screaming it"s head off right behind mine for hours at a time sounds like it could be an issue Not a worry, Simon. It probably won"t scream for that long. But they are a lot better screamin, than not screamin.

Comment

;d ;d
                      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Gyros are no different to anythn else Simon.You get what you want, and theres a huge rang to choose from.Your choise will depend entirly on wot your intendn to do with it, and to a lesser extent, how much $$ your prepared to spend.Just remember, you allways get wot you pay for. If you just want a short range hack, a light 2 banger is probably the way to go and generaly cheapest.If you want to do sum serious cross country laps then a heavier 4 banger soob or similar would suffice.If you want the best power to weight, reliability and fuel consumption, a rotax 4banger cant be beet, but you DO have to pay for it. Note; wind limits are governed by the pilots comfort level.[ iv spent full days mustern on days with gusts up to 90+kmh.]TIF= trial introdctory flight. Your first lap, just to see if gyros are actualy wot your lookn for. ;DMaintainance is up to you, whether you do it yourself or get sum grease monkey to do it for you. [ yeh rite ]

Comment

So Fred, it apears you"re a fan of the 2 - stroke, while you Birdy prefer the 4 - strokes ,huh?Understand the need to purchase to your needs and while Cross County definitely appeals to me, I"d be interested in mustering (mates property at Hannaford), and of course looking for pigs

Comment

So Fred, it apears you"re a fan of the 2 - stroke, Never had a 2 stroke attached to my fan, Simon. I don"t mind "em as long as they"ve got "Stihl" or "Victa" written on the side.

Comment

Good sumup Fred. Yes Simon, i prefer the rotax 4 banger, but only coz i need one, not coz iv got too much money. 2 bangers are spoton if your flyn a weekend hack, and like tinkern with it. Look after it, and dont over rate it, and it wont let you down.Soobs are like Harleys, spoton for heavy cruisers, and they will do it all day, for not alota fuel.Top of the range [ performance and price] 4banger rotaxes are built to push aircraft, and they do it the best. I"d be interested in mustering Thats a hole different story Simon, and its 80% pilot and only 20% machine.But a successful pilot needs 99% cow sence and only 1% flyn ability [ im proof of that. ;D]

Comment

Working...
                              X