All the rivers run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the rivers run.

Like they say, "it never rains, it pours," well, its not pouring that much but at around 7.00 am today, it started lightly and at 2.15pm I measured 102 points or approx 25 mm"s and its still just raining very steadily, just excellent soaking rain and the forecasters are now saying that these conditions are likely to hang around and rain again next week !! Its come just in the nick of time as we were sailing very close to the wind with dry feed becoming a scarce commodity. Wednesday evening Rosie and I went in to our top boundary, just in time to see the Darling river come down, its a miraculous sight seeing dry river bed suddenly being covered with flood water from Queensland, it took only minutes to go from no water at all to a foot or so of water. We are ever so grateful for getting our boundary back

You lu y lu y bastered. ;DGeez, wot did i do??Your just over there getn rain and all we is gitn is hot wind n dust, from your way ???Kinda hipnotic watchn the water run ay, specialy if its been a few years.

Comment

143 at 4.30 pm and still raing.

Comment

A few more photos

Comment

and a few more

Comment

Okay, photo 1. Me standing in the middle of the dry River Darling.2. Sitting on log in riverbed.3 Here comes the water.4. This is going to get wet here real soon.5Are you sure this is water?6. Down the river goes the headwater.7. It is filling quick, the log I was sitting on has disappeared.

Comment

Great timing ......

Comment

I"ll just go & have a drink to celebrate , Brian .....

Comment

Yeah Brian, we had a fair share too, some thing like 8 1/2 inches in 24 hrs on Tuesday, the river went over the bridge again, but no photos cause i had to work, but it is gonna rain again if this system develops up north, so yep it is wet here at the moment.

Comment

Great timing ......

Comment

Does the flood water from Charleville/Longreach come down thru there ?

Comment

Does the flood water from Charleville/Longreach come down thru there ?I reckon the Warrego runs into the Darling and it flows right next to Charleville so there"s plenty of water to come yet.I got a feeling that there will be floods in NSW in the Darling system before the years out.

Comment

G"day Brian, Am very happy for ya mate. Look on the bright side of it, at least it will recharge some of the ground water and help ya bores. Enjoy, Des Garvin the old ole driller.

Comment

Sounds a little gay to me Echo but it will sit just fine in my gay left hand. :-* Brian and Rosie,Ditto on all of the above and wishing you the very best after some long hard years. Mitch

Comment

Thanks Des and Mitch. Just got back from a ride around the rain gauges out in the paddocks and we have had around the 2 inches all over!!! Cant re call the last time we had a general rain like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X