Plumbing Mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing Mistakes

You know how it is, you know there are jobs around the house that should have been looked at ages ago BUT you just didnt have the time /didnt want to tackle the job and anything but anything was enough to keep you away from the jobs, well, the water going into the toilet cistern stopped flowing the other day so I thought that it would be a quick easy job...no, some weed in the line was playing havoc with my attempts to get it running but eventually, I won the war with the weed and everything is sweet there, then I thought I better look at the septic cause it hasnt been working right and I knew what and where the problem was as its been a re occurring fault for some years now...actually, I"m very well acquainted with our septic as it has been a source of challenges over the last 30 years or so, the trees we planted about the same time enjoy earthenware pipes very much, particularly with that nutrient laden water to drink when its so dry everywhere else the tree roots very sucessfully crack the pipes, anyway, got that problem fixed and then I thought I better have a look at the drain coming from the house as its pretty dry and it shouldnt have been like that so, I got the poly pipe and shoved up the drain, no joy, so I put a 3 inch fitting on the poly pipe and gave it another shove up the pipe [earthenware] ...no joy again except that Rosie thought it sounded like the pipe was hitting the gully trap...strange, no water flowing

Thanks for sharing that wonderful moment there Brian................real "rosey" ;D[ spoze you is sleepin "alone" for a day or 2 ]
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I feel for ya, Brian. There"s 2 trades I"m glad I never trained for. No. 1 is "turdburgler" (plumbing) and the others plasterin. They deserve wotever they get paid.Cheers

Comment

bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah! bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahaha hahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaaha hahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaa ahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahah ah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahah ahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaa ahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bw aaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahaha hahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahaha hahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaah haaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah !bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahah ahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaah ahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaa aahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahaha hah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahaha hahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahha aahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!b waaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahah ahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahah ahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaa hhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahaha h!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahaha hahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaa hahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwa aaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahah ahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahah ahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahh aaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah! bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahaha hahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaaha hahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaa ahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahah ah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahah ahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaa ahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bw aaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahaha hahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahaha hahahahahahah!bwaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahah!5hit ain"t it fun!!Cheers,Nick

Comment

Yep, I had to share this treasured moment with all my friends.....I was quite proud of my achievements, it was tough work!I must say Fred that plumbing isnt for me but out here either you do it or you pay a large fortune to get someone from town and I"m certainly not envious of the trade. Actually, I got to say that it was only the other day we happened to watch "Kenny" and he lifted me to new heights !! ;DYou have a way with words Nick.

Comment

Hi Brian

Comment

Brian, I simpathise with you mate, now there is an answer to all this ya know. Those big blue pills you put in the trough tanks for the algie work wonders or you could use some of that old round up and find the offending tree . But then you are a greenie aren"t you.

Comment

Ahh, thanks Des, It was going to be my next question, now that I have a tree root into the gully trap, what could I treat the root with ....without killing the offending tree?? So you reckon those blocks will do the job Des ? That little creek is the fullest its been for quite a while Des, its running about half a river at this stage. It looks as if the lakes at Menindee will get a lot more water than they were expecting which is great news. Saves me getting that bore down at the moment. Yeah Mark, they got to be done...eventually before they cause more grief later.

Comment

Brian,Would I be right in thinking you have vitreous clay pipe for plumbing?If so the roots cannot be stopped once they have found their way there - they "follow the scent" to a rich source of nutrient and moisture

Comment

Brian,Would I be right in thinking you have vitreous clay pipe for plumbing?If so the roots cannot be stopped once they have found their way there - they "follow the scent" to a rich source of nutrient and moisture

Comment

Brian"Something you might be able to help with Nick, my septic tank is an old style concrete 3 compartment type, at one end the overflow [or whatever you call it] comes through the concrete wall then goes down about 16 inches approx before doing a 90 degree bend then going down the hill some 20 ft or so. It is"This is the outlet that goes to a transpiration pit. No problem with replacing it with PVC at all, though you should check that the clay pipe hasn"t got slots or "no rings" as a means of distributing the water into the pit for transpiration. I wouldn"t bother with the cutting out in the tank, just get an earthenware to pvc socket and connect to a stub of the pipe off the tank, make the pipe a little longer or shorter and dig the pvc beside the old clay pipes. If the pipe is slotted then it means that it is supposed to leak, so you will have to match same for same... only I would set it up so you can run a digger alongside every 1~2 years.being harassed to go out - ring me tomorrow on 0418811953 for a verbal...Cheers,Nick.

Comment

Working...
                      X