Importing a gyro into Aus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a gyro into Aus

Good morning to you all,Can someone please help us with some advise about importing a gyro into Aus.

Try Mark Bredden on this one - aka "Bones" on the rotary forum in aus [ http://www.rotorcraft.com.au/forum.php

Comment

Yep drop me a line or even speak to Neil, he is well versed in this subject also, we talk fairly regular, to compare horror stories.But without all the details, and from just what is said above, i dont see too many problems, from the legal side of things, as you are not selling them out of the container, make sure you say if asked you are taking them back with you, then there will be no probs at all,

Comment

Thanks very much guys.

Comment

The oil in the sump under the right conditions is flammable for one - bearing in mind in the context of what would be needed to start it burning in your sump there is a f"ing big problem anyway.., and it can harbour bugs, albeit of a very hardy variety, we don"t want them because they might eat our oil up, the fuel companies - government"s major sponsors over here - don"t want any extra competition.As you know with all governments, the customs department is responsible for inflicting import duties, you might have to pay the parity price tax on the oil you bring into australia, along with the fuel and GST.. if you drain it out you save on that fee as well!! [Am I being sarcastic? Sure as hell am]. And if you drain the oil out then you won"t have to pay the weight freight on that too..Have fun with it.cheers,Nick.

Comment

Wagtail,In my experience the draining of oils is not been required when I have brought aircraft in to OZ via Port of Fremantle(Last one was Oct 06). Sometimes they have got funny about the starting battery especialy if it is not a sealed type(shouldnt be a prob with the ELA batt). Above all make sure there is no wood in the container as that throws the AQUIS guys into a spin with you paying the costs. One of the Bindoon guys just recently took delivery of a ELA8 - nice machine.Regarding flight planning I am more than happy to assist as I have experience flying gyro"s or helicopters on the Perth to east coast via the Eyre Hway or Trans line 6 times now, the last being last easter when a group of eight gyro"s flew Bindoon to Lameroo via the Eyre Hway.Regarding flying North from Perth to the WA Northwest/Kimberleys I can also help here and provide names of gyro guys and others who would assist if required. My experiences flying the top end ie Kunnanurra to Darwin to Burke Town is getting a little dated (6+years ago) but I should be able to point you in the right direction for more current info.Flying through the centre ie Warburton to Alice I have yet to do via gyro or helicopter so I wont be able to talk from experience but some of the WA boys have been pestering me to lead a trip that way to visit "Birdy" so I have given it some thought!Timing is critical especialy if you are going to leave the major tracks, a backup and

Comment

Working...
            X