Where to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy

Hey guys, brand new on the scene, just wondering where i would go to purchase a very basic and cheap gyrocopter kit? And what sort of price range do you think i would be looking at? Thanks

G"day Ca,Why don"t you do it the other way around. What sorta bucks you looking at, and wew can point you the right way.CheersFred

Comment

Dead ezy pal.................Rosco at Broken HillHis gear is tried............and proven.........backup service 2nd to none
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

thanks a lot, is there a web site i can have a look at? I dont really know how much i wanna spend, was just hoping i could get a rough idea, i just want the real basic. Whats the sort of cheapest thing around?

Comment

dont buy a kit!Holden and ford dont make kit sedans. they make cars that learners can hop into, drive and learnIf you dont want to fly until you are a very old man, then build your own and you can also have the privelage of paying more for the kit, bits and time, than you would spend on a second hand, good proven machine, or a new one, also proven design, than you would during the frustating period building your own dream machine(not knowing what you are doing).Buy one that is going.Mark,

Comment

Yeah! I"m with Mark!!

Comment

Interesting comments Mark...I wonder how many "L" and "P" platers stacked their Fords and Holdens in the last 12 months!Being built on the production line does not imply a more "crashless" product.Building a kit gyroplane these days is a snack, even you could do it. And the build times are very reasonable for those motivated toward that end. Calais, there are plenty of inexpensive second hand craft about. This is likely the way you will proceed. Be fore warned, there is a lot of unregisterable crap out there. A guy named Phil bought a gyro that was flying down here on his instructors advive. When it was bought back to the Hangar at Cranbourne to be

Comment

Ok thanks a lot for your help everyone, Im not really worried about building my own, im actually a design student and have had a lot of experience in the work shop at home making some crazy toys. I was just wondering what would be the cheapest way of getting into the sport.

Comment

Cheapest is second hand, registered, flying, and speak to the knoledgable about the machine first.

Comment

Ca1ais

Comment

Thanks anyway but thats a bit more than i wanna spend

Comment

When I see the word "cheap" when someone wants to buy a gyro I cringe ......

Comment

Thanks anyway but thats a bit more than i wanna spendI look at it this way, "Just how much is your life worth"?? If you want to get into the sport for say less than $5,000 I would say you are looking at the wrong sport. A good gyro [new ] will set you back approx $25,000 and then you go all the way up to the top of the range 2 seaters like ELA, Magni etc etc for around the $90,000 mark.A new set of rotors are around the 3 to 4 thou mark to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                          X