Hummingbird Rotocraft ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummingbird Rotocraft ???????

Hello all. I am looking at purchasing the said gyro (Hummingbird Rotorcraft) but have been unable to find any info. The paper work that came with it says it was registered through this organisation in November 2002 but according to the tacho has done 38 hrs. I know instruments can be changed, but the exausts are still clean silver, on the inside, and everything else looks very tidy. I have a feeling he found out what his other half meant by "what ever". I would love some feed back about this particular gyro, are they safe, known, where were they built, can I contact anyone regarding its specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to use the forum thats fine other wise fred.meyering@gmal.com is my addy.

If it"s painted black, got "V" tail, direct drive prop...................about a grand tops, [ you are going to need to spend quite some bucks on it to get it up to "safe" ]They were made about 25 yrs ago, never were popular. [ made out of sydney ]
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I know nothing about that particular gyro but I would ring a few technical advisor"s. You will find a list on the web page.Personally, I would leave it where it is and look for a later designed /built gyro. Gyros have come a long long way and we have seen advancements in even the last year. A gyro that is say 20 years old and flown 38 hours total says a lot to start with then you can have corrosion in vital parts not obvious to a visual inspection.Life is far to valuable to take a chance on and at least you are asking questions which is good as once in the air, options come to a abrupt end.

Comment

If the H/Bird has a steel tube type joy stick assembly with internal push rod be carefull as i know of a case where one broke [Luckly during landing]

Comment

;d :d

Comment

;d :d

Comment

If the H/Bird has a steel tube type joy stick assembly with internal push rod be carefull as i know of a case where one broke [Luckly during landing] Thanx for reminding me of distant fond memories Max. I cant see proper in the pick, but it looks the same as the one i had.It"d be orrite for casual puttn round, but not suited for hot headed stick jockys. >

Comment

G"day Fred (yer can"t be all bad with a name like that

Comment

As i said..........grand tops.You guna need blades, redrive, prop, mast, tail, bits and pieces...........then you have a machine that owes you about 9 grand.......or more.Them "old" gyros no longer "cut it" with what we now know about "safe flying"..........now.just my view...........
                  If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

G"Day Fellas,The double brake lever arms....???? Anyone describe this for me. TksMitch.

Comment

G"day Mitch. I assume you mean the small lever on top of the brake lever. That is just a spring loaded brake lock which holds the brake on. When you squeeze the brake it releases and the brake comes off. It is a readily available motorcycle accessory.

Comment

G"day Mitch. I assume you mean the small lever on top of the brake lever. That is just a spring loaded brake lock which holds the brake on. When you squeeze the brake it releases and the brake comes off. It is a readily available motorcycle accessory. from the descriptions so far, I"m sort of wondering why it needed a brake. ???

Comment

Only if you are driving it on the bitumen, Brian.

Comment

Only if you are driving it on the bitumen, Brian.and it would save wearing out your boots on a big downhill Fred.

Comment

Thanks Tim,Larry has just released a electric brake lock which is an upgrade on Aurora.I discussed it with Allan, he mentioned he preferred the mechanical type like a hand brake rachet or what you have described for me.Cheers,Mitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X