Lookn for a rout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookn for a rout

Ill be headn over to Rockhamton in about a munth, and i refuse to drive along that lousy excuse of a highway they call the "plenty",

i"ll ring ya in a couple of days or so, i can give you a few contacts near emaerald,clermont, middlemoount, and of course you could land at old station just outside of rocky.

Comment

sounds like a plan, a real good plan. but ill be needn a fuel stop further west of emerald.i cant take me bladder with me coz the wasa cab will be full up on the way back.

Comment

BirdyKeep in mind Dingo ( 100 kms east Emearld), as there is an airstrip at the back of the servo, with the taxiway to the servo carpark.You only need to push your machine 100m to the pumps.( yes it is legal)Ross B

Comment

sounds like the perfect setup Ross , but ill be parkn the wasa just south of emerald, so its not much use to me mate.

Comment

Birdy i just looked at the map, and all my ideas are no good to you, too far north, if the worst comes to it Blackall, is only a very small airport, but no fuel you have to go into town and get fuel, Barcaldine is about the same but they have avgas there, dont know what distance you got with out the bladder, but you might have to get you stock agents to do some ringing around and get you some numbers, i was going to do that on the trip down south but didnt need to in the end.

Comment

Yeh Bones, looks like i have to take the bladder anyway [ 7 hours].I know sum critters near LR, but havent contacted um yet.

Comment

Dave..............that "bladder" you got [ have had for sum time ]long term storeage, do you rub talcum powder all over it...............or sumin.........or what.In me younger days we coated all our dive gear with powder to look after it.This bladder i recently got, may get used 1...2 times a yr. Rest of the time rolled up, stored away.
                If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Russ

Comment

Russ
                    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Russ, Being a clean bloke and bathing each day I don"t get that problem so can"t tell ya ;D Des

Comment

nar Russ, no need for powder ere, its too f$%%$ dry already.Just drain it and store it flat.

Comment

I have a bit of strip and fuel at Sapphire if that is any good. 23degrees,30",18.3s south; 147degrees, 43"28.3s east. Call me if I can help. 0429810037

Comment

Thanx Baz, ill check out me rout.

Comment

Working...
                            X