Gyro Training credits againt Heli training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro Training credits againt Heli training

Does anybody know if Gyro training can be credited againsted Helicopter training if so how does it work ?

I trained a bloke about ten years ago who went on to fly helicopters, they credited him with 10 hours towards his commercial rating, as long as its logged hours.

Comment

I dont know bout the laws, but i do know by experiance that gyro stick time goes along way if you take full control of a heli.The R22 i had a lap in was a pice of cake.

Comment

APE the answer to your question is yes, to break it down a little, as long as you hold a valid gyro licence with not less than total exp 35hrs made up of at least 20hrs dual training 10hrs pic and 3 hrs x-country then it will reduce the normal 50hr private helicopter licence to a minimum requirement of 38hrs. So the credit you get is the licence that you hold, not the hrs flown with the minimum applied.Hope this is what you were after. cheers Sam.

Comment

Gidday Stuart,Give this guy a call after 1730 QLD time. Darryl Jones
          Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

So he didnt get a credit for his hrs but hey... give him a call...sounds a bit pointless.Read the CAR,s, you know that all mighty bible, im a Helicopter instructor and yes i read regs, and thats the figures i have just quoted.I can think of a number of reasons they wouldnt give him a credit.But the question has been answered.

Comment

Working...
            X