No announcement yet.

Birdsville Races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After some of the abuse been flyin on the phone latelyThats called gossip, and i wouldnt wipe my,............... eye with it. Me n Bones is good mates, ay bonehead. :-*Well, we was, till he started battn for the other side. [ boscar"s side] ???Spose, if he knows this little grumpy old man, sum of the sour hase to rub off. :"(Was one of the best, ol bonsey. :- :-X

Comment

Mr Bird...Must stop kissing bones like that.It"s very unnatural.

Comment

Well, I made it back over a week again now. No probs except for rain. Fuel was $2.50 a litre at Birdsville, but I expected that. You wouldn"t beleive who I ran into. Craig Wardill a Dash 8 pilot with Aircruising. I wanted to post a pic but my pics are over the limit. How do I get around this? I think I may need Photoshop or something? Just missed another gyro at Betoota while refuelling. You"re not reading this are you buddy?

Comment

hatrack,what you need to do is to drop the image resolution, you can do this by shrinking the size of it in a program like photoshop, or Macromedia Xres, almost any program that allows you to edit photos. The max size from memory is 90k per photo, usually a 450 x 300 pixel photo will go on no trouble.Cheers,Nic.

Comment

I met this hatrack fella about 24 years ago in Central Australia. Bumped into him at Biggenden Nats 2006 (?) he did"nt have a gyro and I dont think he was training but I believe that weekend, his children and wife watched him go for a ride in a side by side. The smile on his face, infectious. He is a happy, smiley bloke more often than not I"d reckon.Point of my yarn is hatrack for all intensive purposes was a flightless gyro gunna be and now in a couple of short years has clocked up, I seem to recollect 160 or 180 hrs when we spoke a short while back., He told me of his plans then to go to Birdsville in his 503, with jerry cans strapped on. Would 200 hrs plus by now. 8)His wife and kids adore him and he them. He has a big smile, a hugh personality, seems to me to be a quiet achiever and obviously has balls of steel. You have my admiration and respect. Having fun and doing it safely, good onya Mate.Cheers,Mitch

Comment

;D Now reading that Mitch, the penial colony sounds to be inhibiting ya Mate

Comment

Oh, gee, shucks, Mitch. I"m blushing. But I worked out how to post pics. And for anyone else out there, go to windows explorer, find pic, right click and select resize image. So,a bit old now, are a couple.Bill Peach on left, Craig Waddles on right. Plenty of landing sites and only time I"ll see my toy next to a 747.

Comment

Working...
                X