UFO Gyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO Gyro

Does anyone know of any UFO Helithrusters is Aus?

Gyrowanabe,If you want some feedback onthe UFO/Helithruster dont hesitate to ring me as I have been designing mods for Aust compliance to our two seat standards and conducting the test flying for one here in WA.Kevin Traeger in SA also has had the pleasure of doing the same.Basicaly unless the factory have changed things radicaly the UFO needs major mods to comply here in OZ. Give me a call on 0427094552 as there is too much to say for a post!Adrian

Comment

Gidday All,This is an interresting post in that one of ASRAs respected TAs has just returned from the UFO factory in NZ to conduct preliminary inspections of the gyro and the manufacturing facility. His report was very positive.The manufacturer is working closely with ASRA with a view to having the UFO imported into OZ as a fully compliant non-provisional 2 seater. A few difficulties have been noted and the fixes have already been incorporated. With UFOs flying in 3 countries and 2 in the US being certified to LSA and E-LSA standard respectively, we don"t anticipate any major problems into the future. The manufacturer is most co-operative which is a pleasant change.There have been UFOs built in OZ in the past and it is no secret that they were far from the current product. It is unfortunate perhaps, that this has occurred and that the current model bears the same designation as these early "kits". I use that word loosely here.I understand that the manufacturer is seeking expressions of interest from interested parties as far as distribution is concerned. The website would be the place to go to confirm this.Hope this helps.Regards,Allan Wardill.
      Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Working...
        X