Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETHICS

What has happened to this thread ???

Dewie,This is how we make our ethical issues disappear... just wipe them off the computer, just like when the web-nazi was in control of the content by wiping it out.. seems the issue must have got a little hot for someone. Maybe CASA took an interest, or could have.Cheers,Nic.

Comment

Not having posted for over six months I joined a discussion on ethics. We were having a dialogue about the situation that some of us have found ourselves after purchasing a gyro. I was thinking about discussing the idea of a checklist we might as a community of pilots develop to assist those with a little less knowledge to help when purchasing a machine. Not with the idea of rule making, rather just having suggestions and some guidance.

Comment

I know i said that theres 2 sides to every yarn, but i dont think scrapn the thread was real smart.

Comment

Barry"s not back is he ??

Comment

I believe that there must have been a software technical problem because the "Webmaster" is not supposed to have the power to delete postings (for obvious political and personal constraints).That power is left up to the appointed "Moderators" under the following guidelines:-"(3)* Where a Moderator has cause to delete a contribution, the reason for deletion will be stated on the forum, making reference to one of the �Contribution Guidelines�, and the offending contribution will be referred to the ASRA Board as a courtesy."

Comment

What has happened to this thread ???I was requested by the ASRA Board to remove it due to certain issues

Comment

Great to see you back daveb, thought I might see you at Wangeratta.I reckon it would be good to have a checklist for buying a gyro as we all know that there can be many pitfalls on buying even new stuff that might not do what its supposed to do. Buying sight unseen is also something that needs serious thinking about although, having said that my first gyro was bought like that except Rosco inspected the gyro first and we bought on his recommendation and it turned out a winner.!How you make buying second hand bullet proof I think is well nigh impossible as there are so many variables. Why the thread was deleted by direction by the ASRA board will be explained by the appropiate person very soon hopefully.

Comment

Hello All,The original thread titled "Ethics" was removed from the general area to a Board members only area by the Webmaster under direction from me.Unfortunately this article contained numerous incorrect statements regarding

Comment

Gidday All,It seems timely for me to comment on this issue now that the thread has sort of been reinstated. However, prior to the completion of my enquiries the thread was pulled and as legal advice has been sought, it is not for me to comment in other than a general manner until permitted to do so by the Board.Firstly, the Technical Workgroup that I specifically set up some time ago put a lot of time into formulating a checklist as a guide for TAs and owners. The document is non accountable or legally binding as far as ASRA is concerned. The checklist was submitted to and approved by the Board upon which I forwarded it to the webmaster for inclusion on this site. Now, I do recall that this happened around the time that the webmaster changed and during this changeover period, it is possible that my request was overlooked. Perhaps this is why I can"t find it on this site now. Suffice it to say that I will re-send the checklist to the webmaster to be published ASAP. In the interim, if you hear of anyone that wants a copy, please have them email me. Thanks.Next. Dave B purchased a gyro having spoken with the pilot that flew it on a couple of occasions. As no written reports were given at the time, it is not surprising that there may be discrepencies between the statements made by the pilot and the prospective owner. (This does not infer that there is such discrepency). A TA inspected and signed an F 006 form for this gyro a copy of which Dave has in his posession. The TA wrote a statement on this form to the effect that a component had to be changed before further flight. The TA did not see the gyro again prior to sale and there is no record of another
                    Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

[i]Unfortunately this article contained numerous incorrect statements regarding

Comment

Thanks Allan & Murray, hopefully their posts answer your questions and

Comment

Thanks Allan & Murray, hopefully their posts answer your questions and

Comment

I hope that satisfies everyone, other than pure spam and garbage posts.I not removed any posts or changed them in anyway.Regards David

Comment

Thanks for that explanation Murray and Allan.You can rest assured in the fact that the Board or the ASRA cannot be held liable for the personal comments of any individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X