• Show
Clear All

• konvenetis
    replied
    G"day Sam, I am interested in one as well. 0434460092RegardsKon Venetis

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    No Problems, just send me a name, and address so I can get them out to you this week.Regards Sam.....

Leave a comment:

• Disco
    replied
    PM Me too please.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian S
    replied
    Sam,Concise and spot on with your explanation above. As you may be aware I am running a TA course in NQ later this year and would love to use your presentation to update some of my material. Any chance of you sending me a disk? PM me your bank details and I am happy to deposit the $10.Thanks,Adrian

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    No worries Tony have one here with your name on it.Hi Brian, yes I have some very high hopes for the new Kruza and its great to see it being built here in OZ.As you say, if Owen Dull also kicked into production again it would show case Australia as a leader in both design and construction techniques world wide.Understanding gyroplane thrust lines and CofG"s.One thing all aircraft have in common is a CofG (centre of gravity) The CofG (Centre of mass) is the aircrafts exact point of all movement (pitch, roll, and yaw) during flight. Why is this important? Well in the case of a gyro, they tend to be pitch un-stable compared to other aircraft. This is mainly due to the shorter tails we usually require to ensure they aren"t chopped off by the rotor.This pitch instability, means that the machine can easily pitch nose down in the case of a high thrust line, or up in the case of a low thrust line (during bursts of power) We can counter this by gaining some reactive control by use of a loaded horizontal stabilizer (HS). The biggest issue with this is, in order to stabilize the HTL (High Thrust Line) we need to ensure the HS is big enough, compared to its moment arm (length of the tail & keel) and negatively loaded enough to counter the pitching motion applied by the machines thrust line. This can only be proven by flying and testing, but can and does result in very stable flying machines. (in my opinion this is still what I would call a bandaid fix)The advantage of a CLT (Centre Line Thrust) machine is that during power on or off there is no pitching motion exerted to the machine in relation to its CofG. This means we no longer require the use of loaded HS and the stabilizer main function is to help stabilize the machines in adverse conditions (keep the tail flying behind the nose). The other advantage of CLT is by not having a HTL and negatively loaded HS, CLT machines usually achieve better climb rates, and faster speeds (due to less drag) with much better all-round stability.Now by finding the machines CofG by use of hang and balance test it allows us to see how the machine will react during power on and off only. What some people fail to see is that even a CLT machine may require a neg angled HS to counter a very large sloping low mounted (in relation to its CofG) cabin and windscreen. This is all to do with a machines aerodynamics (in relation to its CofG) and nothing to do with thrust lines. All about a machines centre of pressure in relation to its CofG. If this is getting all to complicated then think of it as the machines ability to weathercock into wind during a cross wind, a down draft, and also an up draft (or thermal) In the case of a perfect machine it should achieve all the above but also exhibit no aerodynamic pitching occurring from its pod/windscreen design, and no thrust line pitching due to its CLT design. This would be truly be a stable and efficient machine.I wrote this to help some of the newer pilots better understand gyro stability, and give them a better understanding of what makes a gyro stable. Hope this helps!!!!Regards Sam La Bruna.......

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    thanks sam , its coming together better now. i might put in for that cd also, i ll give you a ring when i send the money thru .

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Thanks Sam,

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    G"day DiscoYes I can send out copies of it for $10.00 including delivery.The powerpoint covers the following subjects.[i]What is a Gyroplane ?History & how they came about.Rotor airflow comparison. How do they fly ? (Asymmetry of lift)Stability Issues (low & high profiles)Stability Issues (Finding machine’s C of G)Limitations / Advantages.Different designs, & concepts.Governing bodiesThe Future ?Summary. “The Magic”

Leave a comment:

• Disco
    replied
    Is the powerpoint cd understanding the gyroplane available for free distrobution?

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    Hi BrianYou being humbal again ;DWell as the test was only done at MTOW, all I can say is Yes at MTOW it is CLT.Ideally, I would like to check it at Min TOW also. This would then give us the 2 max extremes. Given that the Fuel sits quite high and close to the CofG, it then should make very little difference, and only pilot & passengers will change things.I have flown the machine and all I can say (given that it is still a prototype, and under development) is it is one of the nicest enclosed machines I have flow yet. Very easy to fly, very strong, and very foregiving.The boys are at this very moment making many changes to the machine to improve its performance, reduce its weight, and refine it as a truelly marketable machine.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Okay, for the "not so technical" could you give us a run down Sam on what the results of the "cruzer"s" tests results eg good, bad etc etc is it CLT or what ?

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    Below are some pictures of the New GT Gyroplane Kruza. There are 2 lines drawn on each picture. The yellow lines are the reference lines, and Red are the CofG and Offset lines. Red are what we use.Take note that the below Kruza pictures were taken at Max AUW.

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    sam L, you have the same on your gyro for sale, so where does the actual dimension fit, from what line point to what line point, or what line point to a part of the pilot ???? BTW definetly a top looking machine, when is your new 2 seater arriving ????Please find attached part of my training CD Powerpoint called "Understanding the Gyroplane" I made in 2005. It explains how to find a machines CofG and Thrust line offset. One thing I should explain, is the additional blue line between the wheel axles. This is done to eliminate any Parrallax error of the 2D photo. The line is drawn between the wheel axles and the centre determined and used. If the picture was taken from say 100-200m away and camera zoom used, the error would be almost Zero. This can be verified by the Left main wheel hiding behind the Right wheel.

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    sam L, you have the same on your gyro for sale, so where does the actual dimension fit, from what line point to what line point, or what line point to a part of the pilot ???? BTW definetly a top looking machine, when is your new 2 seater arriving ????

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    i can read the words and i can see the lines but can you explain where the measurements actually fit ???? i"m told i can only read picture books but i need help with these. simply please. birdy style or adrian maybe.maybe these examples could be put into waddles new print, surely would help others as well !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X