Floods in NQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floods in NQ

I put some pics up on the other forum about the flooding up this way, and more water to come from what we can tell.http://www.rotorcraft.com.au/off-top...ooding-nq.html

So why didn"t you come up my way and take some pics. Got a very private seald strip infront of the place, white line and all, just got some puddles at each end.I can"t even get to the airport to go for a look around.Graeme.

Comment

Trust you blokes to hog all the water. You must have been taking some lessons from Captain Bligh?

Comment

Ok now i just check the height again and when Peg and i took the photos the river was only 6 mts over the bridge, it is now 11.45mts so there is alot of people who are going to have to clean up and rebuild, it is just a pity that dark is here and we cant go and take photos again, but first thing in the morning, we are going to catch the water, just to see the damage this mighty river is causeing, just 1 property owner i rang this afternoon, they have moved all their furniture out of their house, and the water was only 1 mt away from the house, and this is before this water gets there

Comment

Some say a land of contrast.Great photos Bones, well done to you and the co pilot.

Comment

Well i got time to post the pics here now cause some poor bugga cant get onto the other site.

Comment

a few more

Comment

They claim that the area in Qld covered by flood waters is the same area as the state of South Australia. Thats a lot of water. I came past a town in Qld 4 days ago that still had level 5 water restrictions.

Comment

Im go"n to chuckup.

Comment

Im go"n to chuckup.

Comment

You know, one day that will be the Darling river in flood :"(

Comment

You know, one day that will be the Darling river in flood :"(Brian, I wish we could send you some of our water, cause that would mean

Comment

"Brian, I wish we could send you some of our water"That 42 billion they are gifting to needy citizens would go a long way to piping it down south. Send a branch to the Darling as well.It was 47 C in Melbourne today. I nice spring day for some of you blokes, but the hottest I have experienced and I do not like it. The trees that did not burn are dieingGraham

Comment

The excess water only has to be delivered some how the the QLD/NSW border, from there it will flow down the darling to the Murray.There would have to be a storage dam on the darling to hold it and steadily distribute as needed.Already there is pipe line under construction all around Vic for diverting water, just add to it a bit more.Yes $42billion would go a long way to getting this working. Create a lot of jobs too.Graeme.

Comment

It would create many jobs and also cause A lot of money to actually flow through the system unlike what I believe is going to happen when this 42 billion is given out. I"m not sure but we didnt qualify for any $ in the first go and I havent seen any info to say that we are going to get any on this 42 bill. Has anyone got any money so far and will you get any of the 42 bill ?? and who thinks that the 42 bill will actually be the last govt handout thats needed cause I got a sneeking suspicion that they [govt] are going to need a lot more later in the year as the effects of the downturn have yet to pass through the community.Why wont a system to get water inland be done ??? Plain fact is that it isnt a big enough vote winner, just plain simple maths !!

Comment

Working...
                              X