No announcement yet.

Floods in NQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to imagine this could get worse but the weather men reckon so although they have been known to be wrong.......Looks like he got it right for once, 4" last night local flooding again and it still raining

Comment

bloody hell what is that bright light in the half clear sky, it stopped raining this afternoon, will wait and see if it stopped for good, probably no rain for the next 4 years now

Comment

4", lucky you. Last night my wife said I only had we only got 2".Use it twice, did we?

Comment

The rain is heading south. Been getting the odd very shot burst of rain, if it rains at the rate we seen so far, there will be lots of water around should it set in overnight, just have to see what happens.

Comment

"Looks like he got it right for once, 4" last night local flooding again and it still raining "Bones,your timing is lousy. This is a real disaster you blokes are having, your graphic photos of floating cows etc said it all. Fires are much more fun for the media. Colourful. So all the focus is on the fires, and scarce a mention of whats happening up there. Every one has the tin out, and millions have been collected for fire victims, but nothing for flood victims. You poor bastards have no feed, no water for drinking, a stinking mess to clean up and crocs waiting for another go at Russ.About half the fire victims carried no insurance. That means the insured have been paying for the fire services. Probably the uninsured will get a bigger handout from the millions. For being irresponsible.Yeah, funny world. Know a farmer who went through the crap of planning permission to put in a big dam. And the expense of putting it in. And the protesters who said he should not do it for whatever reason. And has to pay a license fee for the use of his own water. Well those big helicopter thingies sucked his dam near dry.Wonder if the State will forgo his license fees this year.Speaking of fees, lucky the carbon tax thingy has not started yet, or Victoria would be broke.Anything we can do for you blokes in the wet? I have room for 8 cows...Graham

Comment

Speaking of fees, lucky the carbon tax thingy has not started yet, or Victoria would be broke.HA HA HA HA.................. f%$#n excelent point. but nothing for flood victims.Wot bout me :"(I got no fires coz it wont f%$#n flood.

Comment

Working...
              X