RAF 2000 GTX SE FI and trailer conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAF 2000 GTX SE FI and trailer conversation

and many other around hear everyone wants to ban gyros from flying,All the more reason why you gota get out there n show them stuck up "others" how a flyn machine is sposed to do it.

Hi Bones ,Yes flying is the fun part and i"m still in 2 minds but when you have a wife that wants

Comment

Gyros are suffering from the noise part as much as anything in some cases and although today, most gyros are pretty good for noise, the fact that they travel much slower than a constant speed prop FW like a C 210 thats loud but gone in a very short time and there are the odd gyro , specially the heavy

Comment

you do get sick of hearing people bagging em. Normaly they know nuthin bout them. But I spose you get that for doing something a bit different.

Comment

Happyn new year angry. How you getn on down there?

Comment

Happyn new year angry. How you getn on down there?Hi their BirdyLet say I"m very quickley becoming anti-VH > > >Even though thats how it all started for me.Guuy, you hang in there buddy, for thats one very nice machine, and remember you have as much right to use that sky as they have.

Comment

Happyn new year angry. How you getn on down there?Hi their BirdyLet say I"m very quickley becoming anti-VH > > >Even though thats how it all started for me.Guuy, you hang in there buddy, for thats one very nice machine, and remember you have as much right to use that sky as they have.

Comment

Thanks SamLI agree with you.

Comment

It amazing what you can find on the net.Check this link out

Comment

"Flying recreational aircraft (ultralights gyros) is a privilege,not a right"Quote from Greg Vaughan, Former CASA group general manager GA operations at a recent ASRA RAAUS meeting.This is the **** ASRA constantly deals with,people who think Fred Smith who fly"s his C152 once a month for recreational purposes has more rights than we do.It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity and ignorance of many GA pilots (real pilots).Most of which couldn"t fix a lawnmower let alone design,build, and test fly an aircraft like many gyro pilots do on a regular basis.Sorry to continue the hijack of this thread, nice RAF, I will spread the word of it being for sale over this side of OZ.

Comment

Saml, This is nothing new,it"s just a pecking order thing.The commercials pick on the VH guys,then some of the airliners consider that they have the most rights(almost god like).On top of the list are the fighter pilots who pick on the hercules drivers down to the caribou flyers,who just by chance received bird strike up the rear end.Their speed is the reason.

Comment

a privilege,not a right"Flyn gyros out ere isnt a right or a privilege, its a frign nessesity.

Comment

I agree. Kym.

Comment

I spent a couple of seasons in the Kimberlies mustering with helicopters. The younger hotshot pilots would coment on my flying coffin yet most of the good tales about helicopter mustering pilots ended with how they died. It would be interesting to get the stats on mustering hours flown compared to fatal accidents on both helicopter and gyro.Peter Watson

Comment

I spent a couple of seasons in the Kimberlies mustering with helicopters. The younger hotshot pilots would coment on my flying coffin yet most of the good tales about helicopter mustering pilots ended with how they died. It would be interesting to get the stats on mustering hours flown compared to fatal accidents on both helicopter and gyro.Peter WatsonWould be interesting reading IF you could get the true stats of hours flown in gyros.I reckon gyros would have the better stats on fatals even allowing for the greater number of hours flown by choppers.Choppers being able to hover, fly backwards,etc are going to get put into extremely perilous positions by pilots attempting to maneuver stock. Watching some chopper yarding up the other day on a DVD showed exactly why choppers pilots get themselves into problems. To someone who knows nothing about choppers and cattle, the DVD"s show choppers being flung to and fro with gay abandon yet, to me with limited knowledge, it showed choppers at times being operated out of limits and cattle being chased without any regard for the animals welfare. The blokes I know who have a few cows would shoot you out of the sky for doing what I saw those helo pilots doing . Its like all things, there"s a time and place for everything and when it looks like something is about to go wrong, then thats the time to fly hard cause 30 seconds with the right response will alleviate a couple of hours work. I guess help pilots feel obligated to get cattle into the yard quickly cause of the $$$$ being racked up by the minute while they are in the air.In recent times, I know of only one gyro fatal mustering.That was one too many !!

Comment

Working...
                              X