No announcement yet.

Life sucks sometimes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire trucks is diesel now days so they dont catch fire as easily as petrol would, one still needs air for an internal combustion engine. With the fergie, Only crack one spot at a time, if you cant see the spot, you can still hear the air coming out.When the bubbles/ noise stops, nip off the spot you were bleeding and go to the next one. If the diesel isnt pumping up, the lift pump might be jiggered, or you might just not be used to english engineering.Mark.

Comment

Yeh Graham, I have to agree it"s a bugger of a job on a massey . Most times I find 20 litres in the tank and if the nose is level or up hill the fuel will gravity through the filters. open the bleed screws on the top of the filters then open the batery box to see when fuel is to the filters. Make sure you bleed the 2 points on the injection pump as well. 1 on the housing near the injector pipe outlets and 1 on the throttle/stop housing at the top of the injection pump. Usally you don"t have to crack the back injector pipe on the 3 cylinder perkins but that helps too sometimes. :See if that helps. Then if you can blow some pressure in the tank that saves all the pumping on that little lever

Comment

"Most times I find 20 litres in the tank and if the nose is level or up hill the fuel will gravity through the filters. open the bleed screws on the top of the filters"Mark and Des,Many thanks. Great stuff. The Fergy manual is OK but it is not written from experience. Now I know why the pump varies in stroke length. We must have had it for about 30 years and it has never missed a beat, except when it has run dry. Cannot remember the old man servicing it, so pulled out the book and had a go. The oil in the filter was like black tar. Oh yeah, there was one incident. My dad had my bro tow him about 45 km at about 30 plus kph. A foolish exploit I thought. Took it back to the (hobby) farm, and the next day the front wheel fell off.Graham

Comment

Working...
        X