Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asra
    replied
    Ian, I found a few more pages in the sportcopter site after that last post that give me a lot more info.They have a lifetime garantee but over 10 years mustering they might clock up anywhere between five to ten thousand hours which is a lot of lifetimes for a recreational machine. Im planning on buying another set of rotors in a few months so Im interested in any more info you can get on fatige life and also blade and complete rotor weights for 26 -27 foot rotor.Peter

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    I see an Ad on the asra website canceling the crack testing and hour limiting. It dosnt seem to be authorised by anyone.AD 2008.01

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    The hub bar will be under the ASRA AD no matter what its design.So for mustering, 500 hours is it unless you do the crack test every 100 hours for the next whatever it is. I find it easier to just get a new hub bar, then you have the full 500 hours.4.5 hours is too long in the saddle for me, I"m looking for a coffee and a walk about after 3.300 /4.00 hours

Leave a comment:

• Greg Mitchell
    replied
    G"Day Ian,Bruce Lyatt with his Newo, Neil Shearer with his ELA.That"s it!

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    Ian, a machine that could be flown out to a job on fine pitch, land at the fuel drum then pull a few pins to drop the cab off and dial in a course pitch without having to retrack the rotors would be the way to go. At the end of the day stick the cab back on and dial in a fine pitch to fly home.What is the endurance on these. 4-4.5 hrs with an hour reserve seems good for mustering. With the rotors, what is the design hour limit for the rotors and hub bar and have many of these clocked up a lot of hours. Also what is the maintenance like on the bonded rotors. I see with the the bonded helicopter rotors a few were delaminating from corosion or cleaners where the paint had eroded away.Peter

Leave a comment:

• IanM
    replied
    Hi Mitch,Yes, I can bring my 2 seater if it is required (and I can find a trailer space for it).

Leave a comment:

• Greg Mitchell
    replied
    Congratulations Ian, ;DI have been keen to hear the SportCopter was here. I certainly hope you can get it built in time.Looking forwad to seeing two SportCopters side by side on a flight line.It would be great if you were to bring your two place as earlier discussed, talk to Allan Rob"s not bringing his gyro now, so maybe a spare trailer.Good luck with the Dealership.See you at the Nats. Mitch

Leave a comment:

• IanM
    started a topic Sport Copter in Australia

Sport Copter in Australia

Just letting people know that Sport Copter now have an Australian dealer.For some time I have been telling people that we need a readily available, ‘turn key’
Working...
X