Internet purchasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet purchasing

Needed another nail gun, decided to get a gas operated one.........2 well proven ones...Senco or Paslode.costed them from a couple of stores.........then got onto the "net" to look for a bargain maybe. Bingo, same model guns $230 cheaper..........bewdy says me, shoot off an email to the seller and he confirms they are brand spankers, never been out of their boxes.Ok, i says, will get back to you. Dropped back into the 2 stores to get em to drop their prices, told em where i had got a better price.......................well bugger me, if i buy it via the net................no warranty. So i ring the ozy distributors...............yip...no warranty.Thought i would share this info....................
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

That"s B&llshit about the no warranty.

Comment

pondered more about this rubbish...........rang "rep" again.Bottom line.............if it was not imported into Oz, via Oz distributor, then no Oz warranty. Send it to country of origin for their warranty.Hangon pal................it"s EXACTLY the same tool............EXACTLY........your arguement is a load of bull.Sorry mate............i don"t make the rulesGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr > >

Comment

so Russ,is we thinking about fixing up the fixer upper agin is we?

Comment

;d ;d

Comment

Update...............was in tool store the other day,, there was a "trade" thingo goin on there."Rep" for huge power tool co was there giving presentation bla bla bla........he puts 2 x 18v power tools on the counter......both the same drill. Says we could have this one for $650.................or the other one for $400Guys are sayin give me the 400 one...........why so cheap ???Remember..........both drills looked absolutely identical......He ( rep ) grabs a screw driver and opens up the cheaper drill, and points out the entire inside workings are made in india...........some gear bits were even plastic.He says this is what all us guys ( me, you) buy when we buy internet........... ???He says persons buy just the "outer case"......( genuine ).........and fill the insides with cheap shyte, then sell em on the internet as genuine etc etc. He says they also buy the carry cases etc, print out there own copy of manuals etc etc...............and us suckers buy em thinkin we is getting the ridgy didge thing.That"s why these big companies of power tools, give no warranty for items purchased from the netBleedin things look deadset originalSo..............bugger me

Comment

Russell,I"m gonna call builshit here.

Comment

I should clarify russ, so i don"t give the wrong idea.What you saw with the drill was counterfieting.

Comment

Hey Dean,There"s nothing new under the sun when it comes to scams. What Russ is talking about was going on "big time" back in the early 70"s. At that time, the best watches (outside Rolex and Omega) were Seiko. The scammers discovered

Comment

Hey Fred........ya rabbit

Comment

Hey Fred........ya rabbit

Comment

there becomes a time when buying cheap and getting replaced under warranty can be a painful exercise. a mate of mine does it . thinks he is ahead getting all the free replacments but he cant see his down time and stuffing around till the point of the new tool gets in his hand.it can work for a back yarder, but not much successful in workshop suituations. workers get p***ed off real quick if they got gear thats going dodgey and then they start taking it out on more stuff as well. Bones had a good one , cheap stuff is not always good,,,,

Comment

Working...
                        X