No announcement yet.

RAF Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian,I was the TA to sign of the Green machine but only as a single seat type until it had done the 25hrs . Although it is type approved as far as I am aware the gyro has not flown off the 25hrs or been flight tested.

Comment

Brian,The new owner does know that the gyro has to be flown for 25 hours trouble free flying before it is two place type approved.When I handed over the gyro to the new owner I had a letter written by me for the new owner to read.(G...B... is the new owner,full name with held) Part of the letter is as follows: I have explained to G...B...

Comment

Good move Guuy.

Comment

Thanks Guuy for your post, it clears the water from my point of view and you have done all that would be expected. I"m looking at this purchase /sale from 2 points of view, 1. I know the new owner very well 2. From an ASRA board members perspective. so that I can better understand the due processesThe idea of a letter outlining those details is a great idea and takes away "you said this and I thought that etc"

Comment

Thanks Brian and Tim.

Comment

BTW, the new owner is flying and feels very confident in the RAF. He mentioned that

Comment

I cant stand misconceptions. This silly stabutator simply stops you chasing the instability of an unstable machine. It has nothing to do with making your machine stable, instead it aerodynamically makes any sudden pitch movements difficult by use of a small aerofoil linked to the torque tube. The stabulator aerodynamically stops YOU acheiving PIO & PPO. If the machine was built with a real HS, then it wouldnt acheive PIO & PPO.Its just a way for RAF to continue to deny their design is unstable and dangerous. I"m sick of them and all their Bulsht

Comment

Hi Andrew, Sam is correct, the

Comment

Hi Andrew, Sam is correct, the

Comment

Guys, we have two young very talented pilots up in the top part of SA and "Andrew" is one of them. Both have been trained by Kevin Treager. They have two very different machines, one has a Peter Green and the other is the big green RAF.Its great to see young fellas taking up flying and also here on the forum asking questions. They live a long way from any gyro pilots so if anyone sees Andrew asking questions, give him a helping hand please.

Comment

Quote Andrew,gday brian! oh ok, i figuered there was a logical answer.. i was a little confused because people say that they can ppo easier than most but the stabilater makes it feal very stable, but that makes alot of sense. hes got the horizontal stab on now as you know and its pretty huge so i think it should do the job.yeh i can only compare it to kevins and sooty"s is alot heavier with two ppl but i guess thats always going to be the case with an inclosed cabin. altogether from my "limited experiance" i thought it was a great station machine, the thing that i liked most is how quickly it can take off and the fact that its 100kg heavier that mine but can go jus as slow! i guess the 30ft rotors do that for it.id love to see birdys machine i think that would be impressive with the lighter weight turbo rotax!cheers for the msgEnd of Andrew"s quote.Thats correct Andrew, the stabulator does do a great job of trimming the gyro but it will never make the gyro "stable" by itself. Only design and a horizontal stabilizer can make a gyro "stable" and even quite a "stable" gyro can be bought undone by the pilot so there are basically no guarantees. Yep, the RAf is a heavy gyro but you have to realize, its basically unchanged [except the stabulator] since they were bought out in 1987 I think and materials have now got a lot lighter.The Wonderlich pre rotator has its critics but recently has come back in favour in a fairly big way and it will spin big blades up very well. Birdy has put that set up on his feral and reckons he only needs approx 20 paces to get off the ground and with a wind, well, he"s virtually got no ground roll [course, its a lot easier spinning up a set of 26ft"ers compared to 30"s ]!Birdys WASA is well worth the look although as he says " touch it and I will breaka your face " [that"s the sign he had on it at Lameroo a few years ago ;D] The reduction in weight from the 2.2 to the 914 is pretty big and it flys well even with full fuel. Birdy does have a horizontal stab but its a bit different but obviously works well.Even better is watching Birdy

Comment

oh yeh, i did see on youtube the diffarent sort of horizontal stab he had on it, sootys looks like an aeroplane wing or something its so big which is good...i guess asking birdy to sell his gyro cheap is out of the question haha

Comment

oh yeh, i did see on youtube the diffarent sort of horizontal stab he had on it, sootys looks like an aeroplane wing or something its so big which is good...i guess asking birdy to sell his gyro cheap is out of the question hahaHe actually uses a piece of rotor blade of all things, looks unconventional but it works. Ring him, you never know your luck

Comment

Working...
                            X