RAF Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAF Questions

Mate of mine has bought a RAF, other than a stab, what else needs doing ??

brian, i read in the pacific flyer a while back the new manufacturers in sth africa have designed the stab now to go on the mast ? i was waiting for discussion here about it but never happened. "interesting"

Comment

Tony, it"s called a stabulator.Graeme.

Comment

yeah thats the one

Comment

what else needs doing Real engine, real rotors, real suspension..................... .

Comment

what else needs doing Real engine, real rotors, real suspension..................... . Yep and real Stab

Comment

what else needs doing Real engine, real rotors, real suspension..................... . The RAF rotors and suspension, how crucial are they to safe flying ?? The engine is not going to be changed but this RAF has the so called "stabulator", should it be removed

Comment

Brian,Speak to Scott Hogan, He mucked around a fair bit with blades on his RAFMark.

Comment

I believe the RAF "Blades" are ok...........the hub bar is the prob. Folks get another type hub bar made up, prob solved..................so i"m told
                  If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

The RAF rotors and suspension, how crucial are they to safe flying ??Not so much actual flyn, but it save get the **** shook outa you, and the machine.The stabilater thingy is more of a airodynamic trimm than a HS, and yes, both would be good. If i found one lyn round ere id use it.I only got 28AKs on mine, but the brick on the back is only half the weight of a soob. 28s would still do it orrite, but id go 30"AKs witha soob.Im still only on bout 60% power at cruise with 28s and a passenger.

Comment

Brian,Speak to Scott Hogan, He mucked around a fair bit with blades on his RAFMark.Thanks Mark, you wouldnt have a phone number? I"m away from home and any gyro magazines.

Comment

What size rod ends do RAF use? I just went and had a look at the ad and they looked a mite small.Okay, the hub bar can be re newed.Do you have any photos of your suspension Birdy as I can see what you mean !! Corrugations are going to be cruel in that set up.A new stab and tail from NZ are coming.

Comment

Hi Brian,Mark"s suggestion was a good one to speak to Scott but Scott is in Europe for another 3 or so weeks.I have flown in a RAF with the Stabilator on it and it was the most unstable aircraft I have ever been it.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I cant stand misconceptions. This silly stabutator simply stops you chasing the instability of an unstable machine. It has nothing to do with making your machine stable, instead it aerodynamically makes any sudden pitch movements difficult by use of a small aerofoil linked to the torque tube. The stabulator aerodynamically stops YOU acheiving PIO & PPO. If the machine was built with a real HS, then it wouldnt acheive PIO & PPO.Its just a way for RAF to continue to deny their design is unstable and dangerous. I"m sick of them and all their Bulsht

Comment

Working...
                              X