No announcement yet.

Gyroplane, Gyrocopter, or Autogyro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair call Ross... when you think that the other 98% of the aviation population have never heard of a gyro, regardless of what we think to call them. I agree the word copter seems more descriptive as it has rotors and as AJM said its just what you are used to hearing and with time become accustom with. Apart from the "tail-plane" what has a gyro got that makes it a "Plane" ..... aero-plane, hydro-plane, all refering to fixed foils. It isnt a fixed wing so wheres the plane?

Comment

I Dunno, its not plain to me either! ;D

Comment

Yes I agree fellers, but lets not confuse the issue, lets try and keep it plane and simple

Comment

Hey Sam,Plain and simple I agree, so just to add to the confusion ;DMy gyro is G095, I call "All stations Cranbourne,

Comment

Hey Sam,Plain and simple I agree, so just to add to the confusion ;DMy gyro is G095, I call "All stations Cranbourne,

Comment

Cheers Sam"Cranbourne Traffic", it is. Mitch

Comment

Hi People, When Albert was instructing at Geraldton in W.A. he used the fallowing to overcome the confusion of the fix wingers: Rotory Wing gyro 6120 to all traffic ............. . This I was informed by the local fix winger"s had them looking for the gyro or Helicopter like machine.Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

Interesting thread and the way I see it, if there is enough support for a name change, put it in a letter to the ASRA board.

Comment

Well it is interesting i was involved in a convo with ??? damn if i can remember now, but it of the opinion that the number be joined so as to make only 2 numbers.My call goes like" bla bla gyroplane 51-10

Comment

Working...
                    X