An apolagy to Ross Bannerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apolagy to Ross Bannerman

Been off the computer for a few days but I see the thread about Navigation Quiz had been deleted and I"m guessing in advance that my posting on the topic could have been taken the wrong way as I put no disclaimer on my post even though I thought it was funny at the time, other"s including Ross, might not have shared my view !! However, navigation is a serious business and should not be made fun of as to get it wrong, [being lost, out of fuel, incorrect radio calls, incorrect map reading, incorrect circuit procedures etc etc] could easily lead to a number of very serious consequences including the loss of life. I would encourage pilots who do a bit of cross country and say " I have a GPS and thats all I need"

brian the perfect gentleman as always. that was welldone mate.

Comment

"However, navigation is a serious business and should not be made fun of as to get it wrong,"LOL! Brian, I could see your tongue firmly shoved in your teeth, and it gave me a laugh. I have managed to upset Russ in this way, and thats not easy. It is a problem with email, you cannot see the glint in the eye to know a porky is being told.I read Ross B stuff with great interest, as I have yet to stick my toe in the water (air?) and in fact I think there may have been other tongues in cheek also. Its the laughs that make it worth while. How boring to just see the flight manual quoted post after post.Hmmm. Serious note. It does indicate if the poster is on the ASRA board. There is no indication as to whether a posting is coming from a Board Member (ie official) or just Chop Chop Reid , flyer. Maybe it would be better not to have an indication as to being on the board, and when serious stuff is posted, it would be Chop Chop, Board Member, as the sign off.Graham, newbie

Comment

Allan gets around it by logging on as a different user for the serious stuff.

Comment

GuysI"ve also been off the air for a few days. I didn"t delete the post. I had a good laugh. :Ross B

Comment

Ross, if you did not delete your topic then that leaves only one bloke who did. Wonder why???Graeme.

Comment

Well ask him........................... :
              If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

GuysI"ve also been off the air for a few days. I didn"t delete the post. I had a good laugh. :Ross BThat"s a relief to hear Ross.Okay, just who did delete the thread seeing Ross didn"t do it and why ??

Comment

Found ithttp://www.asra.org.au/smf/index.php?topic=2763.0Ross B

Comment

Hi All, May be you could have another go at Ross"s Questions again here.Cheers Des Garvin."AS POSTED BY ROSSB"With the Cross Country Course just around the corner, try some of these 1.

Comment

Deleting thead answer to question!!

Comment

This is a tricky one David, got any idea what happened?Graeme.

Comment

Mmmmm,Deleted by someone........and there wasnt even any dispariging remarks about he who looks like a dentist!

Comment

"and there wasnt even any dispariging remarks about he who looks like a dentist!"RUSSELL!!!!!!Its getting serious....

Comment

Thought only 2 folks could "delete" here..............poster and admin.............both deny doing the deed, so we have a 3rd party lurkin about here.........strange goings on............going on
                              If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Working...
                              X