Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARPDRIVE VS. SENSENICH VS. DUC PROPELLERS.....IS ANY NOTICIBLLY QUIETER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARPDRIVE VS. SENSENICH VS. DUC PROPELLERS.....IS ANY NOTICIBLLY QUIETER?

Hi AllI went to the PRA in Mentone Indiana this year.I couldn"t believe how much noise some of the Gyros made, and how little anyone cared. Ok in an airfield in the middle of a beanfield in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of Indiana, but no good around my place.I have recently ordered a Sport Copter Vortex which will have a 912 Rotax in it. 5800 max RPM, 2.43 reduction drive.It comes with a Warpdrive 68 inch, square tipped 3 blade prop.Another US made alternative is the Sensenich 2 blade, which Sport Copter are willing to test with a db meter to get a comparison. Sensenich will "lend" me a prop for this, I pay shipping to

Carl,The DUC has claimed more push and quieter tip noise from their prop, well in my opinion and they are like a**es every one got one, but i can tell you they got 1 of their claims right, the noise is definately less than a WD, i got machines with both on, and it definately the case.The push is about the same as a WDI could get one for you if you want.

Comment

Hi Carl, Bones:I too have a 912S powered Vortex and was wondering exactly the same thing about the DUC prop.I already have a new WD prop and am wondering if investing into the DUC would be worth the expense?Thanks,Steven

Comment

rob protroney has just started making a prop with proplets. the curvey bit

Comment

Hi allThanks for the replies.I appreciate hearing from someone who has had them side by side. I will get back to you Bones when it"s buying time. Any idea of a price?I reackon noise is a big thing. People look up at a helicopter / ultralight / gyro over there place and curse, and look up and see a hot air balloon and smile.....difference? The marvel of flight can be overshadowed by the pain in your ears!! My 2c worth!carl

Comment

There is currently a big issue with this manufacturer. Some propellers have been reported to break in flight, some unfortunate pilots can be found on this forum http://www.jabiru-owner.comSo far it seems it is mainly with the Swirl model.A new lifetime for the propellers has been set to 600 hours for Jabiru/UL power engines and 800 hours for Rotax engines. The structural guarantee is only 6 months as in the manufacturer"s terms and conditions of trade: http://www.love4aviation.com/Equipme...+of+Trade.htmlI know at least 2 people who have problems with their DUC goods and the manufacturer wouldn"t even answer their emails, so they are stuck with equipment that should be covered under guarantee because of manufacturing flaws and they can"t do anything with it.More info here: http://www.love4aviation.com/Equipme...Bulletins.html

Comment

Tony,I would love to have one of Rob Patroney"s props but he doesn"t make them in left hand rotation which rules out Rotax 912"s, 914"s and belt drive machines like my Sparrowhawk. I"m going to order another Ivoprop Magnum for the SH as I"ve been really happy with the one on my RAF.Hoges

Comment

Guys,Over the years Ive had the pleasure to run many types of prop on varies engines from Rotax to Lycomings. the Jab engine has a particularly hash impact and wood is the best way to go for these either the factory wood(usually a "patroney") or sensinich. Rotax 912 and 914 - the most effecient and quietest Ive tested is the OZ made Bolly. Rotax/Hirth two strokes -

Comment

hoges, yes sorry about that , i totally forgot about direction

Comment

Hi Tony,You wouldn"t by any chance have a picture of Rob"s tri tail?Trent

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words. I found some interesting stuff about Duc props here: http://www.love4aviation.com/Equipme...Bulletins.htmlSome is even in French, from customers of Duc"s motherland.In flight breakage, delaminating, corrosion, lack of customer support...who would want a Duc propeller?Anyway, it seems clear it is better to stay away from this manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                      X