Importing Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Parts

G"day All,Well im slowly buying parts for my next Gyro.What im wondering is what do i need to do in respect to customs as im Buying a Hirth G40 gearbox thats over the magical $1000, therefore having to pay import costs... Do i have to do some kinda form work from customs (and split with some $$$) first before buying it or do i just wait for it to land here and then get some kinda invoice from customs? Any advice will be appreciated.Better yet if anyones got a no longer wanted Hirth G40 Gearbox with the 2.64 ratio let me know.Cheers,

trent,First thing to do is to contact C&H freight, their add is in the latest PF i think it is, if you cant track it down let me know and i will get it for you.Then you tell them where the pick up is, and where you want it to go, the size of the package and weight, then they tell you "roughly"(because prices change weekly) the figure it is going to cost you to pick it up, TRUST me this is the easiest way, this way you dont need to regisiter for GST, and get your importers stuff sorted, if it going to be a 1 off this is the best way to go, and their prices are about the cheapest you will find.They are the only ones i use.Ok i just found it for you to save you buying the mag, try this add for info;shellyATchfreight.com.auOf course change the AT to the @Better still get a rotax locally

Comment

agree a rotax would be the go,cheers adrian

Comment

Hmm Didnt think the Ej 2.2 will handle Rotax C box as well as a G40

Comment

gday trenthave you had a look at autoflight boxes , they have a dealer up in qld bundaburg, i had a look , but as far as part availiblity go rotax and or autoflight maybe quicker , to get the parts in if requiredjust a thoughtcheers adrian

Comment

I went over the thousand and just had to pay the duty before fedex could release it. No trouble.

Comment

Trent,

Comment

Sounds like the Autoflight might be the go, ayeShot off an email to Neil to find out the current pricings.Cheers

Comment

interesting, i would of thought neil would of told you where to go.

Comment

hey trent from the top of my head , they had a universal box to suit what ever , strong , heavy thing , the price was around $$3000, they have the box that has the third gearing in is as to spin for the left hand props , and they were slightly cheaper, but i cant remember

Comment

You can use a rotax C box with a 2.2, thats what I have had since Tim put the 2.2 on approx 3000 hours ago but you need the to use the original flywheel from a suby and also have a backing plate made. Certainly much cheaper than the Autoflight and lokked after, it will give good service. The Hirth has had its problems too so its not the trouble free thing some think it is!!!If I was building a new gyro, it would have the Autoflight gearbox.

Comment

Thanks All,I"ve made the decision to go with the Autoflight, And all me worries about the importing look"s like its gunna be a piece of cake

Comment

Thanks All,I"ve made the decision to go with the Autoflight, And all me worries about the importing look"s like its gunna be a piece of cake

Comment

Working...
                          X