E10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E10

The other day I went for a fly. Anyway I was in a rush to get down to Watts bridge and just bought premium unleaded from a petrol station that was open rather than BP which was shut at the time. That was fine got down to the airstrip and went for a fly.After about an hour of flying I lost about 1000rpm on the 503 and limped back in. When I got back I had white smoke literally pouring out of the exhaust. Reason, stuffed rings. I had put it down to one of those things that happen (cursed rotax motors etc, etc) until a week later I went to the same petrol station to fill the ute up and found their premium unleaded had the new E10 stuff in it. I dont kow if it was a coincidence or an expensive mistake but I am just posting this to warn people.

E10 is crap fuel full stop and expensive as you have found out.I put it in my suby 2.2 that normally doesn"t blink an eye no matter what it gets to drink but within 5 minutes my fuel flow meter stopped working and Rosie [who has a keen ear reckoned the motor sounded a lot different to normal so I do not recommend the use of E10!! BTW, I put the E10 through a filter and funnel before going into the tank.

Comment

Working...
    X