gyro noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gyro noob

hi guysive been into gyros 4 some time now.ive been doing a lot of resurch on every thing 2 do with gyros.im an engiener and am thinking of building one of these great mechenes."i like the low seat open frame styles" im hopeing to attend some meetings get some help on building and also getting a hand on flying one and then going 4 my papers.i have a few questions tho.i have looked into plans for a gyro and found the hornet. but i would like to see other designs.i was thinking in just buying the sportscopter gyro from the states.also where do u get the rotors and probs from??thanks guys

Can I make a sugestion which was given to me - buy a good cheap one first till you get a few hours up. Good one for sale at the moment for 6k - can"t beat that.

Comment

I agree with Baz. Get a decent second hand one. But if you are going to do this make sure you get someone who knows what they are looking at to have a look before you buy. I have seen a few people buy a machine because it is cheap without getting advice first and end up spending big $$$ on fixing it to get it signed off. Then while your learning in that machine start on building your good one. I personally like the CLT (Centreline Thrust) gyros, am in the process in building one now.Welcome too by the way, where bouts are you located?

Comment

thanks guys sounds like the right thing ta do.im from vic in Melbourne area.

Comment

Vonny, look up Sam La Bruna from the instructors list on the home page, give him a ring and I"m sure he will give you good advice. My idea is for a 2nd hand machine first off cause until you do a 100 hours or so, you havent really much idea what you actually want.

Comment

im still looking into building my own gyro.but i am going 2 take up ur kind words...im planing 2 get some training up and going, also im hoping 2 go to some fly ins get myself with the gyro scene.i hope i get 2 see more of these machines, id like 2 talk 2 the owners and understand the different types of gyros and what makes them diffrent.i like the drop keel types

Comment

im still looking into building my own gyro.but i am going 2 take up ur kind words...im planing 2 get some training up and going, also I"m hopeing 2 go to some flyins get myself filmira with the gyro scene.i hope i get 2 see more of these machines, id like 2 talk 2 the owners and understand the different types of gyros and what makes them different.i like the drop keel types Hi VonnyAll your questions about design, construction methods, performance, materials, and gyroplane components, are covered during pilot training. I would advise you to get some training, join your local Victorian Sport Rotorcraft Association (Vic gyroplane club) and learn as much as possible, before embarking into a construction project.Cheers SamL.........................

Comment

thanks guys looking forward to become a gyro pilot

Comment

Working...
                X