Made My Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made My Day

Was at a mates place a week or too ago and while we were there, a R22 helicopter happened to come along that was working in the area, got talking to Nick, the pilot, young guy, been mustering for 10 years so has a bit of experience in the mustering game which is a bit of an interest of mine so we spent a fair bit of time talking shop etc and boring everyone else to death

Yep i had a go in one just recently in the NT, ex gyro pilot would went to choppers, same thing we got talking next thing he landed out side and put the controls in and off we went, yep touchy little buggers in hover huh, i could sort of hold a hover after about 15 mins, nothing flash though.

Comment

Aye Fellas Rosie has had him doing the washing up again thats why he has "soft" hands [which describe mine at the moment !!

Comment

yeah congrates brian, you sound very proud and rightly so too. would be a good one to send into the mag.

Comment

Just finished the washing up there Des but Rosie cooked up

Comment

a mate had one r22 and always says if i wanted i could go with him i can just give him a call, because his wife didn"t like flying in helicoptors. i"ve been for a few flys. i turned down a go at the controls because i didn"t want it to mess with my head.so your 100% up on me there. trev , my mate always takes his shoes off to feel the pedals better and says you only have to "think" about fine control inputs,and it does it" but i guess you already worked that out.LOL. anyway last year he had some heart problems,and he had to go to brisbane and was told he would have wait 6 mths to get his licence back. trev phoned 1 week ago and said casa has passed

Comment

Brian, You said "I know this sounds real dorky but you know I spent years flying a helo in my imagination and you know what, I had it pretty right so there you go !!

Comment

Good read Choppa

Comment

Know wot your sayn Brian. Ol mate a coupla years ago hada set of duels and give me a lap. Kinda pi55ed him off wen we kept go"n S/L wen he gave it to me. Tried jumpn around in the seat wen he thought i was asleep. Thought id freez from the feedback.Wen he said " rito smarta55, see if you can hover it" , n i only pi55ed him off more. ;DOnly thing that caught me was the gyro throttle and r22 colective have opposit reaction inputs. :-

Comment

Know wot your sayn Brian. Ol mate a coupla years ago hada set of duels and give me a lap. Kinda pi55ed him off wen we kept go"n S/L wen he gave it to me. Tried jumpn around in the seat wen he thought i was asleep. Thought id freez from the feedback.Wen he said " rito smarta55, see if you can hover it" , n i only pi55ed him off more. ;DOnly thing that caught me was the gyro throttle and r22 colective have opposit reaction inputs. :-The throttle direction was the one thing I didnt know and I went the wrong way first off.Nick wasnt "pissed off" thankfully, just very encouraging and

Comment

Sounds like brian is a Birdy convert in the footware department here

Comment

Sounds like brian is a Birdy convert in the footware department here

Comment

;D I"ll pay that one Brian. Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

ok, when my mate trev had his medical problems he had an offer to sell his R22 and did so. then he phoned on friday night phoned to say he not only has his licence back but bought an R44. only 290 hours on the clock.2 yrs old. ****. he wanted to fly bundy to mundubbera to see his 90yr old dad . bugger me ,as it turned out his sister and brother in law, i"ve known for 35 years, look after his father over there. we had a great fly over and visit. real country hospitally,they have been building a saw mill and i had a grand tour.amazingly they are having trouble with [ yep] electricity dept,council and government. trev took his 90yo dad for afly around and landed near the saw mill. we took a heap of photos of Fred standing beside the chopper with the saw mill in the back ground. time to leave and not long off the ground trev says , yep, are you sure you don"t want ago at the controls?

Comment

Thats a lovely story there Tony, glad you got the chance to have a fly and have some fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X