Cotton Ball Clouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton Ball Clouds

G"day teamHere are a few pics of my flight last weekend, lots of little fluffy Cumulus (Cu) clouds. What a great day for flying.......Regards SamL..............

looking good sam, looks like your flying high there ...but an absolute ripper of a day!cheers adrian

Comment

sam brillant photos . mate can you show the bit of info[your pre flight notes and the other one] in the left corner of the first pic please. also do you sell landing lights? something that will start a gum tree burning at 10 miles ? i have your strobes.

Comment

Hey Sam,I notice your at 8500". Did you feel hypoxic at that level? I thought most gyro pilots weren"t game to go above 1000 agl due to the thin air and the lack of an oxygen mask? Nothing nicer than up in the cool smooth air above the inversion level. Best I"ve done was 7500" in an open machine (is now Birdy"s feral) Wasn"t there long, just long enough to see how high the machine would go. : Just getting back into flying (used to fly in NT with Mad Max several years ago) so I have yet to meet most of you but I couldn"t help myself !!

Comment

sam brillant photos . mate can you show the bit of info[your pre flight notes and the other one] in the left corner of the first pic please. also do you sell landing lights? something that will start a gum tree burning at 10 miles ? i have your strobes.

Comment

Hey Sam,I notice your at 8500". Did you feel hypoxic at that level? I thought most gyro pilots weren"t game to go above 1000 agl due to the thin air and the lack of an oxygen mask? Nothing nicer than up in the cool smooth air above the inversion level. Best I"ve done was 7500" in an open machine (is now Birdy"s feral) Wasn"t there long, just long enough to see how high the machine would go. : Just getting back into flying (used to fly in NT with Mad Max several years ago) so I have yet to meet most of you but I couldn"t help myself !!

Comment

I,m an old retired skydiver sam and that high altitude photo got me excited. My check list is to crude to print. jees crash i bet you had a traquiliser before you went that high! When are you going to answer my question about how your windscreen is attached sam? I,m building a gyro around a kruiser cabbin.

Comment

Max, Speaking of skydivers.... has anyone on here ever dropped a skydiver or thought about the best way to do it and things to watch out for....

Comment

Sure have............check out pics in the "Batchelor"..NT.. parachute clubhouse...........guy ina tandem gyro dropping out a meatball, about 6 yrs ago ( vert dropout...........out he hops, bit wobbly as he clambers about )..............just a story i heard about it
                  If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I jumped out of a 2 seat mustering chopper years ago when I did skydiving without any probs

Comment

there is a video on youtube with a guy who jumps out of a RAF. but thats the only one i know of.. let me see if i can find it.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BswNLWBdV0cheers adrian

Comment

I,m an old retired skydiver sam and that high altitude photo got me excited. My check list is to crude to print. jees crash i bet you had a traquiliser before you went that high! When are you going to answer my question about how your windscreen is attached sam? I,m building a gyro around a kruiser cabbin.

Comment

Comment

I personally would rather be the skydiver than the gyro pilot with a sudden unloading of 100kg or so on the rotors!

Comment

I know Hatty has had a guy drop out of his gyro. Reckons he didn"t think about it till he was half way up.

Comment

Working...
                              X