maybee a silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybee a silly question

i have had a question for a while been trying to work it out myself but i thought many heads are better than one and i bet someone already knows the answer so here goes. i have been doing my training in the mt and really enjoying it now due to money restraints they are a little out of my price range. the one thing that has always worried me about the single seat gyro is how close the tail is to the ground is this just an illusion or is there more too it i felt it would change the landing from the mt as less ground clearance i have not had the pleasure of seeing an open frame style gyro before so was hoping to get sone info.thanks in advance.your friendly publicantodd

Hey Todd,You dont need to worry about the tail being close to the ground.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply thats the info i was hoping was out therethanks againYour friendly publican todd

Comment

one more question would a true CLT machine fly similar to an mt or very different since i am 25 hrs into my license and cant find a machine to hire to do my solo, mind you my instructor believes i was ready for solo at 20 hrs due to my previous flying experience. i am now saving pennies to try and get something to fly but i am only licensed for the mt magni ela so is it just an endorsment of sorts to change over to the single seat versions or still different i am not sure where to go from here any help would be tops!!!thanks againyour friendly publican todd

Comment

Todd,

Comment

Todd,I used to think CLT and Horizontals were a bit of bullshit. I understood that horizontals were necessary on certain machines, mainly ones with pods and large area out front.

Comment

echo what is that machine? looks like something id love to fly

Comment

Todd,

Comment

i have had a question for a while been trying to work it out myself but i thought many heads are better than one and i bet someone already knows the answer so here goes. i have been doing my training in the mt and really enjoying it now due to money restraints they are a little out of my price range. the one thing that has always worried me about the single seat gyro is how close the tail is to the ground is this just an illusion or is there more too it i felt it would change the landing from the mt as less ground clearance i have not had the pleasure of seeing an open frame style gyro before so was hoping to get sone info.thanks in advance.your friendly publicantoddHi ToddA low tail wheel makes landing easier for a new pilot. It aids you with directional alignment during landing. This is due to the tail wheel touching first and rotating the machine in the direction of movement. It can also helps you better evenly unload the weight of the machine onto the mains. This is great when a landing is attempted without enough stored rotor energy, example, rotating to high, or ballooning, or going for power to late, as it aids you slamming the machine onto the ground. Regards SamL....................

Comment

On transferring from an mt to a single seater when you have previous (assume fixed wing) experience: Very different machines.I only did 11 hours on the mt, flying by the numbers like a cessna. Would love to have a go now to see how it compares to what a Rosco can do. There was a lot to learn practicing on my single seater. It could be flown on the numbers, but whats the point of that when there"s so much else you can do and that bloody heifer is hiding under a tree. I"m glad I didn"t get an mt as I probably would have pranged it and it is not as safe low and slow and is much more exp. to rebuild after "learning experiences".That said, a comfy two seater would be nice now I"ve got a few hours up.Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks for all the help it has certainly made my decisions more informed id love to hear more about the transition from mt to sigle seat roscoe ive read alot about the roscoe machines and id certainly love to have a go at one and get into the mustering side of things ( before running the family pub i worked on a few catle properties) to clear up ive had limited fixed wing experience a few hrs training in a skyfox and soloed a sail plane a couple of times a fair while ago but without blowing my own horn have always been told i have a certain degree of natural feel for an aircraft id also like to hear more about the echo machine that was described in this post earlier this gyro family is certainly a helpful bunch i was worried having only experienced the mt people would thing im one of the stuff the home built types im all for the turn key gyro"s but thats certainly not the case i have alot of admiration for a person with the know how to build and fly their own machine and the guts to back it i just havent got the skill guts equipment money or close club to do that with. please excuse any typos as it is 330 in the morning ona

Comment

Working...
                      X