Help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me

I am having trouble with my 503 Rotax and wondering if anyone can help?Anyway I have got a second hand Rotax motor which has 0 hrs since rebuild. Anyway I have taken it out a few times and cant get past 4 grand. When it is cold it will go up to full noise until the EGT"s reach about 900 degrees. which is about 10 seconds. I thought it was the main jet and after stuffing around with the carbies I got the sh1ts and bought brand new ones. Motor was tuned up, got new coils, new condensors, new leads. As you can imagine I am getting very annoyed with it. with any fuel problems eliminated I think it the spark is collapsing but cant figure out where the problem is.Any suggestions would be great I am at the point of giving this flamin machine away.

G"day Tim,You did not mention any work done to the vac fuel pump, might be the diaphram is perished and can"t keep up at full noise.good luck

Comment

Check your exhaust system. I had a two stroke bike

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought it was a pump so it was replaced too. I will sus out the exhaust. the last engine failed when the rear main seal failed leaking gearbox oil into the crankcase so I had a smoke display happening for a while. I am so sick of Rotax motors, makes me think of finishing the suby rebuild.

Comment

Tim I was having that issue too.Were the crankshaft seals done at rebuild??Rob

Comment

No they weren"t. I have the new ones sitting in the shed but thought the old ones were ok so I left them alone. I am going to pull the motor out again and look it over again I think it may be the armature plate in the wrong position, advancing the spark too much. If this dosen"t work apart she comes again and put the new seals in.

Comment

" I am going to pull the motor out again and look it over again I think it may be the armature plate in the wrong position, advancing the spark too much. If this dosen"t work apart she comes again and put the new seals in.

Comment

Anyone wanna buy a Gyro? Goin cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X