Trip Down South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Down South

Hello,Could I ask for your advice on a long gyro trip?I am planning to get this mustering machine down to Victoria from the centre.Plan fly down the Stuart Hwy to Marla then cutting across the edge of Lake Eyre to Broken Hill and down to Shepparton.

Its no big deal to do a major cross country anymore but there are a few things needed. 1 Cross country, above 500 feet, VHF radio & endorsement preferably, ASRA license and current registered gyro .Also, a emergency beacon!You do have to plan carefully fuel stops as the law says its illegal to land on roads so strips are the safer option but not all have fuel.There are quite a few members on here that have done extensive trips so I"m sure they will only be too pleased to give you more info.BTW, I live SE of Broken Hill so as long as I"m around, I can help out with a bed and fuel if its any help to you.Also, a emergency beacon!!!

Comment

Take mob of chupa chups. ;D

Comment

Just to add to Brian"s Post.Some regional airports also require you to have a ASIC when Airside.

Comment

The country airstrips guide from flightace is worth its weight in gold. Most strips have a contact number and name that maybe able to help you out with fuel.

Comment

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
            X