Rod Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Ends

Hi, everyone. Just priced some rod ends for the controls here in Brisbane. They are the race car ones which I am told are equivalent to aviation cost $65.00 each. I have tried Rob Patroni but he never answers his mobile unless someone has his landline. What is everyone using and where can I get them. They seem to be a bit excessive at this price. Thanks

kon, you can try Ross symes, his answering machine works well and he returns calls. good to deal with and dispatches regularly. I"ve been told you can get direct from" linear bearings".although sometimes those size companies only deal with account customers???? or go to your local bearing shop.not sure of their costs thou. just be specific when ordering so you get what you want.

Comment

I bought my rod ends off Linear Bearings in Brissie. Good service and cash sale over the phone. Online catalogue. RMT6x5 are what I used. I dont think $65 for one is too much. They"re pretty critical components - you dont want to be buzzing around and even consider them, when you"re supposed to be having fun....

Comment

I last brought 5/16 rod ends from Rosco 10-08 at $20 each. Prob now $22

Comment

I agree with mad max there, got Rosco"s price list here from 5/09 and still $20 for the 5/16. Rosco"s number : 08 80879148

Comment

Thank you All, I"ll ring Rosco. I need more bits like 4130 tube as well, and AN bolts if he has them.Regards,

Comment

aircraft spruce in the usa sell an bolts very good service and a fraction of the price here in aus. i got mine in five days after ordering on the website ;D

Comment

Flybum thanks for that,I am sure I have tried them some time ago, wanted a quote, but didnt get an answer from them. When you get your bits from overseas is there any additional duties to pay at customs or do come direct to your door. I"ll try them again. Thanks. Cheers Kon

Comment

I got a recomendation from a guy who has built a few gyros and he has been ordering stuff from aircraft spruce for years i`m new to this internet thing and heard all the stories on the tv about scammers so i was a bit worried and do`nt like to put my credit card number out there but since me mate had a good run with them i thought id give`em a go so i got on the website and ordered a few an bolts and i chose the economy fedex option for shipping and it got here in five days to me door step (it takes six days for something to come from sydney, i live in a hick town) i would definitely do it that way (i ordered some bolts from a company here in aus before that took around the same time and cost five dollars each, bugger that!) ???

Comment

I get all my gear from Spruce. The only time you will get hit with duty is when you purchase over $1000 aud. Get onto the USA spruce website and search for Aurora Bearings. I bought aircraft grade 5/16 rod ends for $7.25US each and 3/8 rod ends for $7.60. I don"t think you can beat that anywhere even with commercial grade.

Comment

" i`m new to this internet thing and heard all the stories on the tv about scammers so i was a bit worried and do`nt like to put my credit card number out there"So get another credit card just for internet orders. With online banking you can top it up whenever you want to use itGrahamI have been using internet banking and credit card online for years with no problems. I am wary about internet cafes, and clear the cache on the browser just in case.

Comment

Only pay as much as you think your life is worth it to the people that love yo u !!!. And dont believe the the bloke that has all the answers about car race fittings,

Comment

Working...
                        X