No announcement yet.

Gyro News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok just stole this from the Yanky site, it would be very handy for those who need to move their COG up or down, it allows them to find out how much you need to move so it should be right the first time.Thanks to Stan Forster for this formulaCG shift = percentage of weight moved X distance

Whatever percentage of the weight that you move.....multiply the same percentage times the distance moved...and thats how much the CG moves.Example.....You weigh 250 pounds....and you and your gyro weigh 1000 pounds. If you move your seat up 4 inches.....how much does the CG move up?Simply multiply the percentage of the weight moved....in this case 250 pounds....and this is 25% of the total...... times the disance moved.....which is 4 inches up......and your CG moves 25% times 4 inches...or one inch.Another example....you weigh 150 pounds....and you and your gyro weigh 1200 pounds. You raise your seat up 2 inches....how much does the CG raise? In this case...you are moving 150 pounds up 2 inches....or 1/8 of the total weight. You move your self up 2 inches....so your CG moves uo 1/8 times 2 inches...or 1/4 inch. Stan You neeed to keep in mind that if you have the seat tank, you need to add the weight of this also i would think

Comment

"it would be very handy for those who need to move their COG up or down"It surely would. Been wondering how one would do it. Suck it and see was the only alternative I could think of.Graham

Comment

i can see [ hopefuly im rong] a few bent machines comen from this mass hangn thats required.Im all for it, but i think theres a safer/easier way of findn your COM.Specialy wen sum members wouldnt let their neibours within coowee of their gyros, never mind hang it. And sum real deperived underpriviliged typs would have to supply a few slabs to git thir mates over, and the contents of the slabs would kinda defeat the purpose of askn for sum "safe" hands.Then there are the ferels who dont have neibours. I agree about possible machine damage Birdy. Before the double picture method I used a Chuck Beaty exl spread sheet. Much easier to do when the maths have been done in the spreadsheet. I am not smart enough to attach the spread sheet here so I will paste the US forum link.http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/sho...?t=26856Aussie Paul.

Comment

Working...
        X